Will not honor promotion
MRC33
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ordered 2 phones during the Cyber Monday one-day, online only promotion.  The order needed to be placed on Nov 26th, 2018.  I verified my order showed the promotional discount and then submitted my online order.  After submitting the order, I received an email confirmation at 11:15 pm on Nov 26, 2018.  The email contained a copy of my order showing the promotional discount and order date of Nov 26th.   When I sign into my online account and look at My Orders screen and then on this order, it shows order date of Nov 26th, 2018.

This special promotional discount has not been applied to my account.  I have had several online chats and phone calls (probably over 10 hrs. worth) that verify I met the requirements for the promotion.  I also sent customer service a copy of the email with the order details and print of the online order screen, all showing Nov 26th as the order date.

Verizon is declining the promotional credit saying the order date was not during the promotional period.  All my paperwork and the online order show Nov 26th as the order date.  Evidently, their system recorded the order at 12:15 am Eastern time which made the date Nov 27th.  I live in Central time zone.

So even though every date I see and have record of has order date of Nov 26th., they refuse to honor the promotion because their system recorded the order at Eastern time.   I consider this a major flow with their system.  I saw no disclaimers that the deadline was Eastern Time and nothing on the website to indicate they even used a different time zone.

Does anybody have any suggestions on other steps I can take to convince Verizon to honor the promotion and give me the proper discount?

Note – the total promotional discount amounts to $912 (($19/month * 24 months) * 2 phones).

Thanks!

Re: Will not honor promotion
bearone21
Legend

lesson to be learned, don't wait until the last day, last minute to make promotional order.

0 Likes
88ROCKET

THis gives verizon a very bad reputation, if they can not honor their own advertisement. Thank you for sharing, Perhaps you can call better business bureau for advice

0 Likes
MRC33
Enthusiast - Level 1

The promotion was only for 1 day and I did not see the offer until after work that day.  It looked like a great deal so I reviewed the phone and verified the details of the promotion with online chat.  There was no mention that the deadline was Eastern time.

The bottom line is that all the paperwork and online screens show the correct date of Nov 26th.  It is only behind the scene that Verizon says that the order date is the 27th.  I would have cancelled the order if it had showed the wrong date and did not show the promotional credit.

0 Likes