Wireless Home Phone- voicemail behavior
mikelouisaaron

I use the Wireless Home Phone service with cordless phones.

Usually, voicemails are stored locally on the wireless home device; that is, I can play the voicemail by pressing a button on either the phone or on the unit itself.

Lately (was sporadic, now happens more often than not), the phone shows there is a voicemail (the unit itself does not); In order to retrieve the voicemail, i need to dial *86 and login with a passcode.

2 questions:

why are there 2 separate locations for voicemail and how do i have the voicemail record locally on the unit instead of 'remotely' using *86?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wireless Home Phone- voicemail behavior
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will need to call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from another phone and ask them to remove the voicemail feature from the Home Connect line. Then the voicemail will only be picked up by the local device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Wireless Home Phone- voicemail behavior
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mikelouisa, I rely on my voicemail daily, so having normal access to the voicemail is very important. I will be more than happy to assist. The 2 separate locations to access the voicemail comes from our network updating to a more efficient way to access the voicemail. We have to keep the *86 option available for our customer still using old devices. Please share with me have you had a chance to restart the home phone? Also, share with me how long have you had this voicemail issue?

RodneyM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes