Withdrew Employee Discount without notice
NDas

I was getting an employee  discount, but without any kind of notification VZW withdrew the discount because I changed my plan and apparently that lowered my price and made the discount ineligible. What is aggravating is that no one mentioned this. Here I am...a loyal customer for several years and I get the short end of the stick!!! So it is true that VZW is essentially catering to high data usage (payment plan) customers and ignoring the smaller ones.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Withdrew Employee Discount without notice
Weth
Legend

The loyalty and promotional plans have steeper discount built in, so they are not eligible for discount stacking.  Nothing new here. 

0 Likes
NDas

Be that as it may...my main aggravation was that VZW did not let me know in spite of my asking repeatedly the reps whether I am and will be receiving the discounts.

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

I'm on a Loyalty plan and I'm still receiving my employer discount...don't know why they kicked you off...or maybe they just haven't gotten around to kicking me off...who knows...but I've been on said plan and receiving the discount for quite some time now...

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

From the page where you sign up for employer discounts. (Notice the highlighted portions in italics That is your notification):

"

Choose an Option Below to Get Started:

Discounts apply to eligible plans and features. Prepaid service is not eligible for discounts through this program. Discount program and amounts are subject to change and may be modified or discontinued at any time."

If you are unhappy you are no longer receiving your discount, simply switch back. Are you paying more now "without" the discount than you were before "with" the discount? If not, I don't understand the fuss. You switched plans to save money and you ARE saving money.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The discount is a perk. It is not a guaranteed right to have it. VZW, like any business, has the right to not offer or discontinue the discount program at any time. You can't have a plan that is discounted then get a discount on top of it. Would you run YOUR business that way? Remember that mobile devices are a luxury and not a necessity. If you have a true need for it there are plenty of other options to get a phone and service at a small price. As it is, you are NOT being forced to use these services, you choose to. Getting a discount on a service is a good thing but is not required.

0 Likes
NDas

Agreed to all your points. As I have said before, I am frustrated because

in spite of my asking the reps I was assured that everything will be the

same, i.e. I will still be retaining my discount. In my business, I let

people know the truth when I am asked something; if I do not know I refer

them to someone who does or let them know that I will get back. I am not

getting a handout here and not expecting it - I am paying for services

rendered and that is not an obligation I am paying for

Neel

Peace

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 8:42 AM, sprmankalel <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

NDas wrote:

As I have said before, I am frustrated because

in spite of my asking the reps I was assured that everything will be the

same, i.e. I will still be retaining my discount. In my business, I let

people know the truth when I am asked something; if I do not know I refer

them to someone who does or let them know that I will get back.

You are assuming, of course, the rep(s) which told you the discount was available on this plan was aware it was not available on your new plan. IF they thought it was available and they told you as much, they told you the truth as they knew it to be. Have you gone back to that rep to inform them their information was incorrect? If you don't, they could simply go on thinking the discount is available on that plan and misinform other people thinking of making a switch.

NDas wrote:

if I do not know I refer them to someone who does or let them know that I will get back.

If they think they know the answer to your question, in their mind they have no reason to refer you to someone else.

I get told things by people all the time who THINK they know the correct answer when in fact they do not. This is not an occurrence limited to Verizon but happens in MANY businesses. How an employee interprets a company's policy is not always the correct interpretation.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
NDas,

I completely understand your frustration! You are absolutely correct. You should have been fully informed that your employee discount did not qualify on the new lower plan you were switching to. I apologize this was not explained when you changed the plan. The great news is that if you decide to switch back to a plan that does qualify for the discount, it will be applied automatically. Were you thinking of going back to your old plan? I'm here if you need assistance or have any additional concerns.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
NDas

Ok...now we are getting into a grey zone; I understand that not everybody

knows everything. But then again it is their job and that is why they get

asked questions regarding issues that we are not aware of. If what you

mention were true, then nothing would work because no one knows everything

and everything is relative (subjective). That is why there are policies in

place so reps can refer to.

When you take your car for repair (assuming that it something that you

cannot do), do you believe what the garage/dealership says and get it done?

Or, do you not repair it? As you mention, you get told things by people all

the time how THINK they know the correct answer when in fact they do not -

so if you already know the correct answer, why ask the question in the

first place?

As much as I like to have this cognitive debate, but I do believe that it

might have been better placed with some cool brewskies...but since that is

not possible, let's agree to disagree. Have a nice day.

Neel

Peace

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 10:09 AM, rcschnoor <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes