Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Worst Fraud Department ever
Diego5

I received a letter in the mail saying that my small business had a $6308.03 debt and that it was going to send me to collections, but the crazy thing is that the business (Small non-profit) has never opened a Verizon account because it's so small that it'd does not have any full-time employees. 

I filed an online Fraud claim like the Verizon Fraud section requested and received an email that it's being investigated and that. 

If you have not heard from a Verizon representative in 4 business days, please contact us at 800.309.3338.

Of course, they never called or wrote me, so I called that number, and they told me it was for the landline Fraud dept?  I'm not sure what that means, but they transfer me to the wireless fraud, and I enter the longest wait in history to talk to someone. My record on hold is 1 hour and 45 mins for nothing because the system hung up on me!  

I've done this four times with the same outcome every time!  How is this possible? How is this legal?

Today I filed a complaint with FTC to see if, at the least, somehow, upper management finds out and somebody resolves the void they have created for people like me looking for legit ways to resolve fraudulent disputes.   Next, I'm writing all my elected officials, so they know what Verizon is doing with their constituents. I'm sure I'm not the only one dealing with this. Thank god there's a community forum because it's literally the only way I can voice my concern. Here's hoping they don't bury it...

Seriously Verizon, I was a loyal customer till now. You've done a horrible job mitigating your mistake. It would be best if you had done your due diligence before opening a fraud account. This is on you, not me.

0 Likes
Re: Worst Fraud Department ever
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Diego, this is not the experience we wish upon anyone and want to ensure this collections issue is settled for you.

Please contact our Verizon Wireless Recovery Operations Team at 800-852-1922 for further assistance. Thank you.

- Alan

0 Likes