Wrong name shows on land-line and VOIP caller ID
AngiePotts79
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has been an ongoing problem for me since before I switched to Verizon. I have had this phone number for close to 20 years. At one point my number was transferred to a family account with AT&T, that was in my (now ex) husband's name. My caller ID still said my name at that point. 5 years ago I took my number back to my own individual plan and the caller ID started showing my ex's name. After transferring my number to 2 other carriers and now Verizon, it still shows my ex's name.  Its not a Name Share ID issue.... that shows my name, as does my account, my phone, etc.  

After searching previous posts on here and contacting Verizon, it is still not showing my name on landline / VOIP.... ever.

Please tell me someone knows how to fix this. I'd prefer to not have my ex's name show up for the rest of my life when I call people. 🙄

0 Likes
Re: Wrong name shows on land-line and VOIP caller ID
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello AngiePotts79,

We definitely want to ensure the correct caller ID is showing up for you. We want to ensure we are on the same page here. When you call another Verizon Wireless number, what does it show on the caller ID? Does your number show correctly?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
EasyEd14

My wife is using my 2692547426 phone. When she calls other numbers the name Della Meade shows up on their caller ID. My wife's name is Adeline Sichterman.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry that your wife's name is not appearing correctly on the Caller ID. For your security, please remove the phone number from the post and only send sensitive information when working  with us in a Private Message. I will send you a Private Note shortly. SheritaH_VZW

0 Likes
tjb1832

I have the exact same issue.  Former name showing up on caller ID.  I've called Verizon, been told the share name solution that does not work as the correct name appears in the share name.  This is obviously an ongoing issue and, as I have since switched phones and carriers, it must have to do with how the phone number was originally put into service. 

Verizon please provide a solution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure your Caller ID is showing correctly when calling a landline phone, tjb1832. Let's take a closer look into this. Just to ensure we are on the same page, the Caller ID was showing the same name with your previous carrier? What shows when calling a landline?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes