Xperia Z2 Tablet : Weird volume issue playing music or videos
therabbitssing
Enthusiast - Level 3

I picked up the Xperia Z2 Tablet about a week after I got the Z3v for that $299 tablet deal.  I love the tablet; it's fast and works great.  But, I noticed that sometimes when playing music (the included loaded songs) it would sometimes lower the volume on it's own until I could barely hear it.  Re-orienting the tablet (so it auto rotates) would immediately fix it, and the volume would return to it's original setting (for 10-20 secs) until you rotated the tablet again.   I also tried this with youtube videos, my own loaded videos of concerts I took, and iHeart radio streaming music.  All will display this behavior.  I checked all the sound and volume settings, even hard reset the tablet erasing everything.    I then took the tablet back to my Verizon Wireless Store and they exchanged it.   The new one does the exact same thing...it's 99 percent of the time, and there is a slim chance that every so often it does not do this, but it's extremely annoying.  I searched online and cannot find any similar issue.   Anyone observe this behavior?   I took it back too the Verizon store again, but it actually stopped doing it there, but when I got home after about 15 minutes of playing some streaming iHeart, it does it again.  

Looking for an answer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Xperia Z2 Tablet : Weird volume issue playing music or videos
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very strange therabbitssing! This is the first time I hear of audio issues like the one outlined in your post. It is particularly strange that this issue could not be duplicated at the store. Have you tried other streaming application to see if issue continues? Have you downloaded any application that require access to your device speaker or microphone? Does the audio issue occur also when using headphones?

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
therabbitssing
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Antonio,

I haven't downloaded any apps that use the mic etc.  I even wiped the tablet clean (hard reset)  and erased everything and just used the walkman app songs included...still happens.  Youtube....still happens.  It does not occur using headphones.  Only the speakers. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information! I want you to have a device that you can enjoy fully! I understand this has been replaced once, and not being able to duplicate issue at store makes it even more difficult to troubleshoot. Try changing some of the sound settings and test. Settings>Sound>Sound Effects.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
therabbitssing
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have tried all of that. Doesn't fix anything.  It's as if the volume key just randomly lowers volume from Maxx to almost minimum.

0 Likes