Yet another Verizon lost trade in
flowingwhispers
Enthusiast - Level 1

Earlier last month, I woke up to my phone being completely unresponsive and had to make an emergency run to my local Verizon store to get a new phone. My boyfriend(plan owner) had to come with me and also decided to upgrade phones while we were there since there was a deal on Google pixel 7 Pros if we both got one. We traded our phones in for credit. Even though mine was completely not working, the Verizon rep told me I'd get trade-in credit for it. The rep then only gave us one shipping box and label for both of our phones, which I'm just now seeing here is apparently not what was supposed to happen and we dropped the package with both phones in it at UPS two days later and received a receipt for the package with the weight and all for both phones. Each phone had it's own sticker inside the box. Only my boyfriend's phone has been scanned in and mine hasn't, and I'm now receiving messages about sending my phone in. Obviously they have my phone if my boyfriend's was scanned in since they were in the same box. I just don't know where to go from here. 

Re: Yet another Verizon lost trade in
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the credit for your device is important, and when they do come in the warehouse it does take time to get both of them processed in, and through the inspection process. We can check your account, and see where everything is in the process. *Rhonda

0 Likes
flowingwhispers
Enthusiast - Level 1

That would be good. His phone was scanned in on the 30th of October. I just don't think it takes an additional 12 days to scan in a phone that was in the same box. I've seen the horror stories on here from other people about having to stay on hold for hours to get their situations resolved and I just want to be proactive about getting mine resolved.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Trade-in devices are supposed to have their own shipping kits/boxes, as they have their own Submission ID's and tracking numbers per device to ensure they are processed seamlessly. As it is outlined here, under 'How do I package and send my device trade-in?'

https://www.verizon.com/support/trade-in-program-faqs/

You will see it states one device per box. Putting multiple devices in a single box can cause issues when processing the return. It's not guaranteed that the device can be found now since it wasn't in its own box.

Once the inspection has been completed on the trade-in that was supposed to be in the box, a ticket can be submitted to investigate the missing device. Once you've been notified it's been complete, please let us know. *Bee

0 Likes