Re: annoying calls from verizon
rcschnoor
Legend

LRVassar wrote:

This hasn't really been occurring recently. My best advice is to add your number to the National Do Not Call Registry.

National Do Not Call Registry

This would not help with companies with which you have an existing business relationship, for example Verizon if you are a customer of Verizon.

Not applicable

Ah but the law also states "Once you notify that existing relationship (company) they must also not call you again unless it is an emergency, or a bill (another law covers the bill calls)"

I once had a company call me with specials, I called and told them I did not authorize you to call me with weekly specials. They said it was a courtesy to their customers. I said if you call me again you lose the account.

Would you know they called again and I had to close out my corporate account.

But the guy they sent to speak to me said they were sorry and my number has been removed from marketing calls and emails. I never purchased from them again.

So a business relationship does not give carte blanche after you tell them not to call you.

Good Luck

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Never said it didn't, only stated that signing up for the registry will gain you nothing regarding Verizon if you are a customer.

You don't have to be signed up for the registry to request a company to stop calling you. In this regard, the company is supposed to honor your request whether you are signed up for the registry or not.

rcschnoor
Legend

Elector wrote:

So a business relationship does not give carte blanche after you tell them not to call you.

If only the same could be said for charities, surveys and/or political purposes. ALL of those are exempt from these requests.

Not applicable

Ha ha you are spot on with that statement.

0 Likes
GeorgiaPat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I answered my first one today.  Verizon may have called numerous times, but I rarely answer unless the name of the person or company appears on Caller ID.  I was a bit confused and wary of a sales call from Verizon.  After talking to the rep, it seemed legit, and a change in plan would benefit me.  I've made changes in online chats, and didn't regret those decisions.  I'm still waiting for an email confirmation, and will be a little nervous until I receive it. So far, I haven't had any reason to mistrust Verizon, and I've been a customer for years.

In general, I detest sales calls, robocalls, and solicitations from charities and politicians.  I work out of the house, and only give my home phone number to family members, close friends, doctors, pharmacists, etc.  When the home phone rings, I expect it to be someone with whom I shared this number.  99.5% of the time, it's a total stranger. 

0 Likes
ragincajun81

I get phone calls from this number too. Sometimes when I answer no one speaks. Other times they go on and on for about a minute telling me that they are going to review my text, calls, and data usage then try to convince me I need to upgrade my plan. I have probably one of the smallest plans possible because I don't use my phone as much as most people. I've never gone over my data or voice calls. It's obvious they're from Verizon. I've even tricked one of the callers to verify my phone usage last billing cycle (I had my bill in my hand when they called). I just let them talk and talk and talk. Occasionally putting them on hold for a few minutes so I can eat my breakfast or lunch. Then once they're finished wasting their breath I say no thanks and hang up. It is definitely annoying to get a call from them weekly, and even daily at times. I think they finally got the message when I made random loud noises into the speaker!

0 Likes
Dickn52

Not sure who calls me and never talks to me.  BUT if Verizon is doing it and I am going with a positive until they can prove otherwise, my next phone won't be at Verizon for certain.  I just inherited a Samsung Note 3, and will take that and my existing iPhone 4s to AT&T if needed.  4 calls a day for the past three weeks is more than I want to try and handle.  If it isn't Verizon, then they need to speak up pretty fast or they will start to lose their customer base.

0 Likes
Dickn52

Sounds ok if you were actually speaking to Verizon that is.

0 Likes