bad signal
K--C

Are there any 'known issues' in the 29924-29932 zip code South Carolina

what had been 3 bars is now usually 1 or 2.

Lots of dropped calls, calls that go straight to voicemail even though I'm available to answer, service has taken a dive over the past 30 days.  I was 'forced' to Verizon because AT&T was worthless, not looking forward to making changes.  I always 'steady' the phone and keep it in a fixed position (vs. walk around like normal humans) I'm guessing support to rural areas is an afterthought.  Please tell me I'm wrong.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: bad signal
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The iPhone 6 plus can't connect to the Verizon Wireless network without a SIM card. There is a SIM card tray along the side of the phone and is accessible with a paperclip. Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having stellar service is our number goal, K--C. I have research the zip codes provided and everything looks good. Let's look closer at this together. Did anything change within the last 30 to potentially cause this? Weather? Construction? Does the person you are calling have any issues? If so, what happens? Anyone else have issues?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

K--C

Robin, Stellar would be nice - normal would be great.

In my home 1-2 bars, phone needs to be secured in a fixed position (leaned and pointed to get 2 bars instead of 1, or on good days, 3 bars instead of 2) and not drop a call.  If I walk around, the call will be dropped, so I don't.  The real problem is your Tower placement is poor for rural areas. ALSO; in the same home location, I continue to get MSG NOT SENT notifications on texts.  This is when I have 2 bars. Aren't texts the least difficult data to transmit?

Additionally, the signal strength is often insufficient to make the cell ring with an incoming call and it goes directly to voicemail.  If this is the model Verizon designed (spotty service in rural areas) there are no problems! If your service should be a service and a paying customer should expect coverage, there are problems.  If you are replying from a PR office, I need to be directed to Technical Support. Thank You.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

K--C, we appreciate all the helpful detailed information. I can't tell you how important it is these days to have a reliable signal so you can contact and be contacted by the world. Is anyone else experiencing the same type of issue you are experiencing?  What make/model phone do you have?

0 Likes
K--C

Nokia Lumia 928 in Black32 GB Black  [Removed]

*Kevin [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
45Frank
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am just in NC and this all started about the 13th of may. I can't get an answer from VERIZON just [Removed]!

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service 

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You have been a great partner to work with, K-C. Is this only happening inside of your home? Does the performance vary at different times of day? Please remove and reinsert the SIM card to refresh the network connection.

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
icehearted74
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do u remove a SIM card in an I phone 6 plus. Also no it's when I'll

out and about in portland metro. Yesterday I got a 1x signal downtown.

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 5:42 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
icehearted74
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not gave a SIM card installed

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 5:42 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The iPhone 6 plus can't connect to the Verizon Wireless network without a SIM card. There is a SIM card tray along the side of the phone and is accessible with a paperclip. Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes