Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
best option for internet access in rural area without cable service
JudithM_

I have an unlimited data plan and mobile hotspot instead of cable, which I cannot get here.

Any recommendations on device upgrades and alternative internet service?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: best option for internet access in rural area without cable service
dexman

Although expensive, I would lean towards satellite based service with Verizon Wireless as a backup. If DSL is available that may be usable in a pinch, but, speeds might be slow as molasses trying to flow uphill.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I understand how important it is to make sure you have internet service in your area. I see you mentioned you have a mobile Hotspot, those devices are not intended to replace your cable service. For most of the plans you do get a certain amount of mobile Hotspot data and once that's reached, the speeds will be reduced. Have you checked out our 5G service options? If not here is a link that will provide you with more information http://spr.ly/6586DCloK. I hope this helps.

Cheton_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Hack_ATX

The option being asked about is for rural areas.  The 5g solution offered is certainly not available in rural areas.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Excellent point. Please keep in mind, however, that since this is a new service it is currently not available in all locations. You can see if it is available in your location by selecting Check Availability on the following link: http://spr.ly/66021yYf6  DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
tnhorse

Satellite doesn't work if you need a VPN connection for work.

0 Likes