Re: blocked calls can still leave voicemail.
tlichioveri
Enthusiast - Level 1

My sentiments exactly. My voicemail is filled up and I didn’t even know it until a legitimate caller told me. They tried to call I wasn’t available and they couldn’t leave a message because my voicemail was full And I didn’t even know it. There has to be a way to prevent blocked numbers from leaving voicemail. Forget not ringing the phone. That’s a given

exhausted1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been blocking a number for the past 2 1/2 years, but I have to renew it every 90 days and YES, they can still leave a voicemail and they do.  I have 67 voicemails from this one number and can't get it to stop without going to court.  I've never responded to this person, but I still have to put up with this ridiculous game.  As much as I pay for my cell phone and service, I should get the service to get this stopped.   

deloused
Master - Level 3

You can change your number for free then you'll never have them call you again 

0 Likes
Jon444
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is what I just learned.  

Verizon has the ability to block calls from any specific number you choose.  When a call is blocked, the caller (harrasser) is able to leave you a voicemail.  Verizon specifically allows for this and they get paid for it.  Its called 3rd party marketing.   They will deny that they participate in this but we have no way to prove it.  Here is the absolute truth..... Verizon wireless has the ability to prevent the blocked caller from leaving a voicemail but they wont do this for free.  You have to pay them for this.  Its called smart family plan at $5 a month. $60 a year.   They could do this for free but they will not.  They are either getting paid by the telemarketers or paid by us.  They are getting paid by someone for them to control the voicemail service we pay for already.  

Complete nonsense and completely unethical..  I'll be shopping for a new provider later today

tstl1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Carriers claim they are concerned about spam calls. Verizon and other carriers need to do the right thing for their paying customers and use all technology available to stop these interruptions to daily life. 

On a side note... I was getting up to 10 calls per day from "Apple" saying my Apple products had a virus and that I needed to call to get it removed. They were relentless... multiple calls every single day. So, I started calling them back and casually chatting. "Why are you calling me? I don't own any Apple products. How's the weather in India? Have you scammed many people today?" I did this 6 or 8 times. Then, when I called in, I was asked to hold for a supervisor. I asked the guy if people really fell for this nonsense. He said, "You have no idea how many people I've scammed today." I said I will continue calling you guys and wasting as much of your time as I can... EVERY time you call me. He laughed and said, "Okay... I'm going to take your number off of our list."  I haven't heard from them since.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tstl1-

As a consumer myself, I understand the inconvenience of receiving spam calls.

I have great news. Your protection for spam and robot callers is now free. https://www.verizon.com/about/news/verizon-robocallers-your-days-are-numbered-starting-march-verizon... If you sign up for Call Filter, the free features will include the ability to detect and block spam on the app.

Here are more details about Call Filter. https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/call-filter/

I hope this information helps.

Carmen_VZW

0 Likes
Karenrex
Enthusiast - Level 1

I PAY FOR Verizon Call Filter and YES, blocked numbers are leaving me voicemail. If I wanted to hear from them AT ALL, I wouldn't have blocked them!!! So, it sounds like I may as well cancel my Call Filter as it is NOT serving me well at all!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We aren't fans of spam calls, either! I can assure you that Verizon has no affiliation with robo calls or texts. We don't have the ability to know who has your phone number. The following link gives you some steps on how to stop robocalls. Since I personally use those recommendations, and I also use Call Filter, I have noticed that the calls are coming in way less often. Check out the details here: http://spr.ly/6605JaMs5

-Jordan

0 Likes