Re: blocking text messages from email addresses
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

StephenPaulJo, we know spam messages can be troublesome. You can block messages from email addresses. Here's a link below to walk you thru the steps (please refer to #5 in the link). https://www.verizon.com/support/block-unblock-services-faqs/

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No one likes spam messages including myself. I would love to help. You can easily block email addresses here: https://www.verizon.com/support/block-unblock-services-faqs/ Does this help? -Amber

0 Likes
scififan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone from Verizon actually read what we write? My original post said specifically that the information at the link you are providing does NOT help! For reference, here is what I wrote:

"

We have recently been inundated with text messages from email addresses. Of course we cannot block them from our phone since there is no phone number to block. Recently I read about blocking email addresses and domains, and so I went in and for each device checked "block all text messages from email addresses." I click save, but it just puts me back to the same screen - does not confirm if the change goes through.

Today I got yet another text from an email address, and went back in, and the selection I had made was no longer checked. Is anyone else having this problem? What can I do to stop these messages?"

Please stop giving us advice that is useless and actually help us solve the problem!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear about any trouble making that selection on the site, scififan1. We can say that there is not problem with updating the selection on the site. I would suggest trying a different browser if you can. Is this something you can give a try?

0 Likes
MythShop
Enthusiast - Level 1

Burn. I love it. Sorry you're having this issue and thanks for your post. I gave up trying to block these email spams because I thought it had to be done on the phone side. Update us if you find a solution, please! Cheers

0 Likes
qbornotqb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jumping in here.  I have also had this issue.  Have talked with Verizon "tech guy" and he had me redo every step while on the phone with him.  He also suspected the browser.  So we went to a different one (Chrome) - still did not work.  We tried using other options on the page - which did work - so he conceded that the browser was not the issue. 

.  Verizon - to be crystal clear here - your "block email and domains" feature DOES NOT WORK.  Please fix it .   Or stop pretending and remove it so we can all make informed decisions when selecting a new carrier.

thank you

scififan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello. As others have reported, trying a different browser does not help. For the record, I tried Edge, Firefox, and Chrome, and it still does not work!

As another poster said, just take the feature off your website, since it clearly does not work, and I have found old posts from a few years back also reporting this, so it has not worked for YEARS.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

scififan1, 

I know how important it is for this feature to work, so you can manage your incoming messages. We have sent you a Direct Message, so we can assist further in resolving this. Please reply to our Direct Message for additional assistance. 

Thank you, 
Michelle_VZW 

0 Likes
Rojetx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Y’all need new customer reps.  We do not want texts from emails.  ATT can turn it off why can’t you? Or can you and it’s not in your book you are reading from somewhere overseas 

0 Likes
Rojetx
Enthusiast - Level 2

They just lie and don’t ever help!  Can’t understand English, can’t help with ANYTHING except to try to sell you something!  I’m about to just cancel my accounts with these people they have zero customer service!!!!

0 Likes