blocking unwanted text messages
russianblues
Enthusiast - Level 1

I receive unwanted text messages, 4:00 am waking me up.  I block the message/ phone number but of course they just find another number to call from.  I read about legislation effective July 1 but what ar e my options?  So sick and tired of being harassed by marketing! and at my expense.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: blocking unwanted text messages
mama23dogs
Legend

DO not disturb can block all but those in your contact list.

View solution in original post

mama23dogs
Legend

Your phone may have a blocking feature.   What phone do you have?

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You can also download free apps from the Google Play Store.

Snn5
Legend

Verizon will tell you all about their Family Base, 5 free blocking and paid blocking services...which will do you no good.  You need an app store app for iPhone/Android, whichever you have.  Those are usually free and will allow you to block numbers that are private/blocked, area codes, some will block texts (when used as default messenger) whitelist/blacklist numbers contacts etc....

shaqwferguson

Install

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You have to download them first, before you can install.

0 Likes
russianblues
Enthusiast - Level 1

As I stated in my post, I'm already blocking the callers after the text message comes in. I have blocking on my iPhone and know how to block.   I want to only accept text messages from "white" listed contacts, Black list those not on my contact list.  These are marketers that are texting me without my approval. Several apps (iBlack and Cydia)  were mentioned but the reviews are not good, nor recommended.

mama23dogs
Legend

DO not disturb can block all but those in your contact list.

shaqwferguson

My name is spelled wrong with the site check

0 Likes