call forwarding
cecmorris

Verizon offer the option to turn call forwarding on or off online, but it requires a code to be sent the phone. If I had the phone, I wouldn't need to be activating call forwarding online. There should be an alternate way to receive the code. Maybe via email?

0 Likes
Re: call forwarding
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Have you looked at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-call-forwarding/?  You may be able to send the code to another line if there is one. 

It looks like if Call Forwarding has been set up this way before, a text to confirm it is not required. I, for one, am going to go thru this Call Forwarding set up with a confirmation text to establish it ahead of possibly losing my phone.

Possibly a call to Customer Service will allow you to confirm your identity and get call forwarding activated (you might have to borrow a phone).

From the website Call Forwarding page: 

• If your mobile device is lost, stolen or not functioning, please contact Customer Service at 1.800.922.0204 to make the Call Forwarding changes you need.
...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: call forwarding
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cecmorris-

Being able to activate Call Forwarding is always important. Please respond to my Private Message to better assist.

CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes