Re: cant answer/pick up incoming calls
Slam061904
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue, as well as my husband and son. My husband and I both have brand new iPhones. Has there been a solution to this problem yet? 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned as you are with this situation and rest assured we'd not stop until we get to the bottom of these concerns. To better assist you, we'd like to ask some additional questions. When did these issues start? Does it happen everywhere only in some areas?

AbrahamS_VZW

0 Likes
Lngbchmike
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having this frustrating issue happening to me. It's been going on for two months now where most of my calls I answer and I can bear nothing. The other person tells me the phone just rang and rang on their end. I am using an iPhone 10 and based on all the threads i have read here this is a Verizon issue and not a phone manufacture issue. I have not contacted Verizon yet because i know it's going to be a hassle based on others replies. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It worries us to hear you've been experincing issues with calls over the last two months, Lngbchmike. It is our priority to ensure you have reliable service, and we will help. Do these problems occur in a particular area? If so, could you please provide us with your ZIP Code? Do ou experience any issues with data or texts? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
ellenca42
Enthusiast - Level 1

Been having the same problem for at least six months. Washington DC metropolitan area (mostly Maryland suburbs). I had assumed it was an iOS issue until I found this thread, where it clearly happens on other phone brands as well. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ellenca42, having reliable service is of the utmost importance. Let's work as a team to check out what's happening. Does this happen indoors/outdoors or both? When this issue is happening, what is the signal strength on your device (How many bars)? 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
Shampooky

Currently having the same issue in Dallas, tx.  It happens intermittently both indoors and outdoors.  My outgoing calls are always fine; however at least a third of my incoming calls fail.

0 Likes
Monkeygirl1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same problem with my iPhone 6s. Numerous calls daily where I pick up and can't hear the caller and they can't hear me. I've missed some crucial phone calls I've been waiting for, both from my doctor and from a financial services company. These aren't calls you can just return, you try to call back and you're right back to the beginning of leaving messages asking for a call back. Have reset phone, reset network settings have turned the phone on and off, etc.  I'm really fed up. 

jhoef

My wife and I are having the same issue, several times a day.  We both have iPhone XS and the software is up to date.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you and your wife are having issues with answering calls, jhoef. I know how frustrating this can be. I want to look into this further and see what is causing this problem. Let's get some additional information. Is this happening at a specific location or multiple locations? Is this happening with a specific contact or multiple contacts?

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes