change number
Linda51

Can I change my phone number  including area code?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: change number
Zehan
Contributor - Level 2
Yes. Just go into a store or contact customer service and they will change it for you. By the way, if you want to change the number you'll have to change the entire number; you can't just change the area code.
0 Likes
Lila

Hi,

I was a Alltel customer and had to switch to Verizon after the merger because although I had"National Freedon" plan (due to me living in a roaming area) but once the merger was complete I started getting charged roaming charces for every call I made. I spoke several times with Verizon and was told the only way to stop the roaming was to do a Verizon contract. Needless to say I was irrate because I had just upgraded all 4 of my phone (mine and my childrens) 3 months prior and it cost alot. Anyway I had a 864 area code and 457 prefix which are actualy a Landrum,SC Landline numbers because that was all that Alltel had to offer that wasn't long distance from my home phone. But when I bought Verizon phones and did the contract I was told that I could change my number to a local Verizon cell number for a fee of $25.00 per phone! This does not seem fareto me, butthats whatI was told. Don't know if this helps or not, but thought I would let ya know.

0 Likes
annabel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, you can change your number and your area code if your area has more than 1 area code number, if you move out of town it will change to where ever your moving. Since Verizon Wireless has merged with Alltel, be aware that when you change your number, you are given a recycled number and you are responsible for any extra charges from unrecognized calling minutes/texts used. I was told by a supervisor that 1. I can keep changing my number until unrecognized numbers stop calling and texting me 2. Pay an extra $4.99 to block so many numbers 3. Upgrade my calling plan to more minutes and upgrade my text messages to unlimited. 4. have text messages blocked and canceled from my plan, after I said I was canceling my contract early and they can eat the termination fee, since they can't resolve this issue.