did verizon just steal my data?
vzhotspot

look im not usually so sundial but daaaang listen to this.   I had over 3G of data left on my plan which runs out April 25.   I had plans for that data...was gonna sit back tonight and download music.   But NOOOOOO  just 15 min ago I received a massive language package and windows downloaded using all of my data pkg and get this most of it failed.!!!!!   and isn't it odd that I don't have verizon people hounding me to chat .....they are relentless but now today I cant get anyone to talk to me.    OMG

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: did verizon just steal my data?
info4u
Contributor - Level 1

The verizon chat boxs that appear are not specific to customers so no one is avoiding you from chatting, it is random. If you click the contact us link, and then the get in touch link you will get the option to chat.

But as for your data I am sure that they are not stealing your data, big downloads take a lot of data. All downloads will have a MB usage next to the download button. If you think you have used under your allotted amount then I would suggest calling customer care to see where the data went. It may just be a calculation error.  To avoid as much wait time as possible dial #0 when the automated menu plays. Works ever time!

And make sure you get your issue resolved in the call, if not you will be waiting by the phone forever. So make sure you get it taken care of 100%.

0 Likes
vzhotspot

thank you thank you thank you ......i know im over reacting....you are so kind to help me.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You mean 3 GB? 3G is something different. Also Windows downloading an update is not Verizon fault. Also I've never heard of a Windows update being 3 GB.

info4u
Contributor - Level 1

You are very welcome, I understand the frustration in not having your data/billing match as to what you expect it to be, I have been there.

0 Likes
Not applicable

are there no options on your phone to require wifi for certain downloads under certain conditions?

0 Likes
Not applicable

I'm pretty sure he's either tethering his phone to his PC or using a mi-fi/jetpack for internet. Thus he couldn't use wi-fi because he doesn't have any other internet but mobile.

0 Likes