Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
dropped calls - again
baroukers
Enthusiast - Level 3

Third time I've posted in this forum about the fact that our phone service is the horrible at best, and worthless/nonexistent at worst. My first post was in March of last year, and the second in September of last year. It's only going downhill. Calls never connect when we dial, calls drop either just as they connect or in the middle of a conversation. It goes on and on. And no, it isn't just the phones in our household. It's everyone who has Verizon in the area. We've gotten all sorts of excuses, ranging from our phones to the topography, but I think it boils down to the fact that the network is overloaded, and Verizon doesn't want to spend the money upgrading. It's not just in our neighborhood that we have problems. It's all over town. The coverage is horrible. The only reason why we've stayed with Verizon is it has a larger coverage of the areas where we travel than anyone else, and my husband's job has a discount associated with it. Also, we rely on our cell phones instead of a land line, because it's not reliable, as the cable company doesn't acknowledge there's a problem with it, either. If there's an emergency, we're sunk, because Verizon probably won't even let the call go through. And yes, you'll send me your standard form letter on this, and again, blame the phones and topography, but I'm tired of it, and so I'm going to complain - again. My dad has Verizon in another city, and it took a complaint to the Federal Communication Commission to get the company to improve their network in his area. The other people on this forum having problems and I might have to do the same thing.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: dropped calls - again
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would like to assist with troubleshooting, and get to a resolution with your service issues. Please provide the make and model of your phone.

0 Likes
baroukers
Enthusiast - Level 3

Two LG Lancets and an iPhone 5S. And so no, it isn't the model of the phones. And BTW, as I was typing the initial post last night, I was trying to call my dad. Final number of attempts to get a conversation, 19. And now, let the excuses begin.

0 Likes
baroukers
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dropped while talking to my dad today - 26 times. A new record that Verizon should not be proud of.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Unless you want to continue having those issues its obviously time to switch to a provider that offers better service where you need it the most.