dropped calls iphone 5 and 4s
jpreg

we have both iphone 4s and iphone 5 and over the past few months we have non stop dropped calls.  I've called and tried various updates, resets, they tested the local towers and it is happening more than ever.  The iphone 4 used to work fine but now we basically have no phone access in our home - it drops everytime.  We are at our wits end - something has changed please provide some help!  (area code is 33811)

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: dropped calls iphone 5 and 4s
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate your reply, jpreg! Many factors can affect reception in and around your home making the Network Extender is a great investment! To confirm, are you stating the WiFi option is completely shaded out? The Network Settings can be reset by going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. The device will restart and then test WiFi once more.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand that it can be upsetting when service suddenly changes. We want you to be able to rely on your phone. It looks like you've done quite a bit of troubleshooting. When you say we tested the towers, did technical support submit a resolution ticket for your area? If so, what was the result? How is the service when you are outside your house?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jpreg

The person on the phone tested the towers in the area and said there was one 3/4 mile away and was working fine.  If we go outside and in the street it seems to work ok.  They did not provide me with a ticket number but tried several things with the support person on the phone.  One of them was to reset networks settings and now the 4s has NO WIFI.  It removed some of the setting and we can't get it back.  One important thing to note is this started over the past few months and the prior Iphone 4 we both had worked and rarely dropped.  This is very frustrating.since this is used for work and are getting dropped from customer calls!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying so many things to get your cell service back to it's previous glory, jpreg. As more customers use service in your area, the signal may not be able to travel through walls as easily, so there's lots of external factors that can contribute to service trouble indoors. Has anything changed in your home? Maybe a new home internet or TV service? I ask because changes like this may have a different frequency that can also affect the strength of your wireless frequency. Our Network Extender http://bit.ly/AKkC has helped hundreds of customers strengthen the service inside their home to combat all those external factors.

Also, resetting network serrings on your phone is a great way to help refresh it's ability to connect to available service, but all your options should be able to be restored shortly after the reset. When you state the 4s has no WiFi, what happens when you try to connect to WiFi at your home? Are you able to connect to WiFi at other places (work, library, coffee shop, etc)?

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jpreg

Hi - there hasn't been any change for the past 3 years with internet/cable tv service provider or changes outdoors that I am aware of.  Regarding indoors, the walls at home were never a prior issue.with the iphone 4. (we both had previously).  I will try the network extender although I have trouble accepting the fact that I need to pay an additional $250. to get service that I already pay for?? 

As far as reseting the network settings on the iphone 4s and the wifi - it ompletely shut it off as an option so it will not even come up and can't even attempt to get at it. (it's shaded out)  Are there possible instructions to set it back up?

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate your reply, jpreg! Many factors can affect reception in and around your home making the Network Extender is a great investment! To confirm, are you stating the WiFi option is completely shaded out? The Network Settings can be reset by going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. The device will restart and then test WiFi once more.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
jpreg

Yes under the settings the WiFi it says "No Wifi" and the Wifi sectiion is completely shaded out.  I did what you suggested "reset General>Reset>Reset Network Settings: again and still nothing - it looks as though it's not even an option??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jpreg,

Thanks for the info. I appreciate the troubleshooting you have tried so far.  Are you having wifi issues on both phones? Did this happen after any updates? Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jpreg

with the wifi being shaded out and not available as an option issue that is only on the 4s iphone.  It used to have it but when we were told to try "reseting the network settings" it removed it completely and we need assistance with getting it back.

thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jpreg, thanks for the info. Can you try this on both phones: http://vz.to/1baEAbS and retest? Please keep us posted.

SammuelP
VZW Support

0 Likes