dropped calls
joycecau

I have a LG G4 that I got earlier this year. No problems until about 2 months ago and calls drop constantly. Sometimes with the same caller within 15 three drops. This is very so wrong. I thought Verizon was the no drop company. What happened to cause this now? I can be in wide open wiht no trees and calls drops. Makes me want to move account.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: dropped calls
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon has been working to roll out Voice over LTE, which is supposed to allow for Wi-FI calling to LTE handoff, and Voice + Data on phones lacking dual radios or SD-VO support. It's possible your phone has been making calls over the LTE network, and as Verizon makes changes to try to get the network to work at a higher capacity, it is affecting your ability to make calls. It's really hard to say without more information on what you're seeing.

I myself notice LTE service is generally worse in the summer, which is probably due to trees. But since the LTE-A upgrades in my area, our local towers appear to be under more load, and I am often on 3G much more. Whenever my phone drops from LTE to 3G, and a call began while I was on LTE, I will lose the call. I could work around this by turning off Voice over LTE / HD Voice on the phone, but I haven't done that as it doesn't bug me enough to do so. I prefer the higher quality audio over garbled 3G voice.

0 Likes
joycecau

Thank you. Hope they get if fixed soon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joyce,

We want you to have great service with no dropped calls. Let's look into this. What is your zip code? Is this happening in and outdoors?

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes