edge vs contract
dadodger

you offer a 2 year contract price of $199 or an edge price of $499. why would any one pay $499 if you can get it for $199 on same payment months?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: edge vs contract
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You'll find Edge to be what's right for you based on the line access discount you get. For instance if you only qualify for the $15 discount then I'd suggest getting a phone with around the same monthly payment; $15-$20 and that should make it so you're still paying less than $199 for the phone and also making your overall 2 years cheaper.

Times when Edge won't benefit you is if the phone is only $.99 cents or if it's $99 and you're only saving $15 a month. It all just depends on the device and plan you currently have and even what the taxes are in your state.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The trick is in the data.  More Everything plans give a $15 discount to less than 6GB plans and a $25 discount for 6GB and up.  So, you can actually end up paying less for the phone and service combined than buying at a subsidized cost and then paying the full $40 access fee AND the $40 upgrade fee, which Edge does not have.  Again, depends on the total cost of the phone and which data allowance you have.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You'll find Edge to be what's right for you based on the line access discount you get. For instance if you only qualify for the $15 discount then I'd suggest getting a phone with around the same monthly payment; $15-$20 and that should make it so you're still paying less than $199 for the phone and also making your overall 2 years cheaper.

Times when Edge won't benefit you is if the phone is only $.99 cents or if it's $99 and you're only saving $15 a month. It all just depends on the device and plan you currently have and even what the taxes are in your state.

0 Likes
dadodger

Ok.that helps.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Welcome.

0 Likes
dadodger

Is there a way to see the monthly cost of each side by side?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

There used to be before Verizon changed the site graphics.  Now, it doesn't even give you a total.  You have to do the math yourself now.  It does give you the cost of contract vs Edge, but not in a real side by side comparison.  It's under ME page, but more like an all in one page as well. More Everything Plan - Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MiiHere, you're absolutely right! Edge is a great option to upgrade to a new device. For more details on how this deal works, click the link below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/edge/?intcmp=SearchBanner:edge:Top

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You're welcome.

0 Likes