Re: essential workers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shane30173, we never want you to feel this way and would be saddened to see you leave us. I'm sure there are several professions that could be considered overlooked at this time as we're all seeing how much we rely on others to function. Restaurant workers providing drive-thru and curbside service, grocery store workers, garbage men, USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, Gas Station workers, transit workers, Respiratory therapists, Doctors, Pilots, Flight Attendants, Customer Service employees, and the list goes on are all essential and putting themselves at risk during this time.

I want to set the expectations that none of these groups receive this discount that is exclusive to our Mix and Match unlimited plans, regrettably. We're not purposely excluding anyone, but because Nurses are right there on the front lines risking their lives and because teachers are being resilient in adapting to new ways in which to teach their students for which many parents are seeing just how valuable they are, we have chosen to recognize them with this discount.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns about this, and we will be happy to answer them for you.

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
awroni
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am so an R.T.(R). We work with every single covid positive patient, alongside respiratory therapists. Guess what Verizon, there are thousands of nurses who never even set foot on a covid unit. Just because you're called a nurse doesn't mean you've risked your life during the pandemic. Some have and some haven't. It's a total and complete slap in the face to offer a discount to only a very small portion of people who actually risked their lives during the pandemic. Also, teachers? My sister is a teacher and she sat safely at home all dang year, while I was out gowning up and taking a chest xray on every single covid patient who couldn't breathe, daily. Thanks for being trash Verizon. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

awroni, on behalf of Verizon Wireless, thank you so very much for all that you do for our communities; especially during this very trying time. We hope you are well! Making sure you are able to take advantage of all eligible discounts is important. Yes, we do have a nurses and respiratory therapists discount for customers that are on one of our qualifying unlimited plans. Please take a look at #1 - #4 in this link https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/nurses-discount-faqs/ for more defined details. We encourage you to look at that entire page, as it provides answers to other questions you may have. Does this information help? AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
Aaron351
Enthusiast - Level 1

@sheena88lo wrote:

I live in a house of medical field workers. No we are not RN's, but we work just as hard and are just on the front lines as those rn's. 

any where from an x ray tech to respiratory therapists should be included in these discounts.

frontline means front lines.... usually its the medical assistants that are outside checking those temperatures and taking those samples from the drive-thru, any and every healthcare worker is affected and on the lines. Not just Nurses. Bless nurses always, but still. 

please extend. 

i second this. CNA’s/Medical Assistants spend way more time providing care to patients and residents than nurses do. Mostly the CNA’s, and Therapy Staff are provide 80% of the care within a nursing home. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes