Re: family locator question
tom7593
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just cancelled Family Locator too after finding out that the Locatee received a message every time the location was requested. VZ lost another $10 a month. The messaging should be an option set by the parent.

They really need to fix this issue but it has been going on for a while and it's like they don't care.

upallnitetoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Until a child is 18, their "right" to privacy from their parents should be non-existent.  I've had issues with my teenage daughter not coming home when she is supposed to....it's scary.  There is no point in having family locator if minors will be notified.

WirelessSteve
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree and I'm also canceling my subscription to Family Locator. Not only is the concept of alerting minor children when parents track them misplaced, it's also problematic. For example, if you check to make sure kids are in school where they should be, the alert gets them into trouble with teachers. I should be able to track my kids whenever I want and with AT&T I could. I don't understand why Verizon is acting all big brother with this. I'm thinking of going back to AT&T.