Re: first day of cycle, as soon as i wake up 1/4 a gig of data is used??
TheDiabolicaL1
Contributor - Level 1

What if, like me, you don't have Wifi as there are no internet options in your area other than ridiculously priced satellite solutions?

I sure am glad I got an unlimited plan Smiley Happy

0 Likes
TheDiabolicaL1
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks.  Just as soon as Verizon decrypts my phone, I'm outta here.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

TheDiabolicaL1 wrote:

Thanks.  Just as soon as Verizon decrypts my phone, I'm outta here.

That will never happen. So you're not gonna leave until your 2 year contract is up? Were all of your other Verizon phones "decrypted"?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

May not be fair (and I agree on some points) but yes their sandbox. So ya may have to take your shovel and bucket elsewhere since you agreed to their sandbox rules when ya signed the contract.

0 Likes
TheDiabolicaL1
Contributor - Level 1

The relevance of whether my other phones were decrypted is unimportant to this thread.  If you wish to discuss my device history please pm me or we can start a new thread as I wish to not clutter up this one with useless information as it pertains to the OP's original question.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

TheDiabolicaL1 wrote:

The relevance of whether my other phones were decrypted is unimportant to this thread.  If you wish to discuss my device history please pm me or we can start a new thread as I wish to not clutter up this one with useless information as it pertains to the OP's original question.

Thank you.

Then why bring it up here if you don't want to invite comments about your comments?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi krunk59289! I would be confused if I woke up to find out my phone had been using data on my own as well! As Zenith pointed out, it normally takes 24-48 hours for your usage to reset each bill cycle. When checking the usage it will show the last time it was updated. Keep checking your usage a few days after each bill cycle. That is the mostl likely cause. As others have mentioned, there will be some data used by email syncing, app updates (if set to automatic), etc.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sichowation

i had this same issue when my cycle started on 7/22. i figured it was leftover from the previous month. here we are now almost weeks later and it now shows that i am 2.4GB of use. im on hold with first line of support and now waiting for a manager. i downloaded the spreadsheets and calculated all my lines and they all total less than 1GB of use so far. this all happened right after i changed to the new share everything plan to start this new cycle. its ridiculous. was on the phone with first line of support for 45 minutes and she finally validated my findings. now 15 minutes so far and waiting for a manager.

0 Likes