fraud department?
richardbarb
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have an invalid order on my account. fraud department a month ago indicated the order was cancelled. this week i went to the store to order new phones. the order still shows as pending even though cancelled. pending does not allow me to order or upgrade until the pending is removed.  i spent 2 hours at the store with the salesman waiting for the fraud department to pick up. frustrated i left and am currently calling from home. it has been a half hour and only the voice response indicating how important the call is and it plays every minute indicating a person will answer in just a few brief moments.  35 minutes and counting.

if the salesman could not get through in 2 hours i do not know why i think i will have any better success.  this is terrible customer service or verizon has such bad security that they are being overwhelmed.

verizon if you are engaged what do i need to do to get the order pending issue resolved. customer service only directs me to the fraud department

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: fraud department?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

richardbarb,

I can understand that being on hold for that long can be very time consuming. They would be the department that you would need to reach out to. I have another suggestion for you. You can always visit this link: http://vz.to/1tgVIRN Once you are on this page you can click on Continue To Secure Claim and then someone from our Fraud department will reach out to you. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi richardbarb! I understand your REAL concern. Due to this issue being true fraud on your account. Our fruad department must handle this immediately for you. Please reach out to this number 866-451-1237. Let us know if we can help further.

VanetrisC_ VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
richardbarb
Enthusiast - Level 2

guess what -the number is for financial they could not help but will

transfer me to the fraud department. i am back to where i was saturday and

today. unfortunately this is no help

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 4:15 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

richardbarb,

Thank you so much for getting back to us. I want to make sure that we get this taken care of for you right way. Where you able to get ahold of an agent when the financial department transfered you over to fraud? If not, you can always try this number for fraud as well: 888-483-7200 Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
richardbarb
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have been on that number on saturday for 2 hrs and today for 1 hour and

you indicate to dial that useless number again. you can not be serious. i

need someone to resolve the issue not keep me in a loop from which i

receive no assistance.

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 4:39 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

richardbarb,

I can understand that being on hold for that long can be very time consuming. They would be the department that you would need to reach out to. I have another suggestion for you. You can always visit this link: http://vz.to/1tgVIRN Once you are on this page you can click on Continue To Secure Claim and then someone from our Fraud department will reach out to you. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
NA2803
Enthusiast - Level 2

You know what I love Richardbarb is the automated responses from Verizon. The empathy 101 classes they give their employees are horrible!!  I am in the same boat you are.  My identity was stolen and an account opened in my name back in OCTOBER.  Its been almost five months and I can't seem to get any response/update from the fraud department. and guess what? the collection notice came in the mail today, for an account that's not even mine!!! get a clue fraud department, a quick phone call updating to your stressed out customers would do wonders!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NA2803,

So sorry to see that you have been a victim of fraud! That is not a position any of us want to be in. It looks like you have been in touch with our fraud team regarding this matter. Have you let them know about the collection notice? They can be reached at 888-483-7200. I apologize on behalf of Verizon Wireless for any delay in getting this matter resolved for you.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Micahjami
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’ve tried for 3 days in a row waiting for hours and then being hung up on eventually! It’s ridiculous