help me keep my data. Verizon reps being rude and turning me down
brant13
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I don't want to make this long and boring so I'm going straight to the point. I am grandfathered in and I know there are many discussions on here about this but I need serious help. I don't know what to do. Long story short, I went to my local normal Verizon store and asked politely to be on the 12 month payment plan for a new phone. And I stressed I wanted to keep my unlimited data. No problem they said....45 limited later they come back and say sorry, we cannot do that. Doing the payment plan makes you sign a new 2yr contract. I was mad obviously but left politely not knowing any better. But it didn't seem right. So I called the 800 support number and they said there is no reason why they shouldn't have done that for me. The guy said he shouldn't of told me this BuT he told me that reps don't like doing that because they don't get as much If any commission for doing so. So he said they usually come up with a lame excuse like the one they told me. He told me to go right back in there and tell them that yes they are able to do that. So I did. I got a different rep and he was acting weird about it. Get this... I told him my situation and gave him a puzzled look when he explained he doesn't know what he can do, HE said "what's that condescending look for?" I justccan't believe he said that how unprofessional of him to call me, a customer or ten years condescending. I was astonished. But that's not even my point. He didn't know what todo so called the manager over and she claims to have spoke with the "president" and "CEO" of their Verizon in north east ohio, this was a wooster Ohio Verizon. And claims that they don't allow that and what I was originally told by the rep is true. That is changes the contract going on a payment plan the 12 month one not the edge. I told her what the 800 number has told me and she said they are wrong. PLEASE HELP ME 😞  AGAIN, I was not rude or anything at all with them. They treated me like garbage because I want to keep my unlimited data. How can I do this? Can I go to another Verizon perhaps In Ashland Ohio and do the payment plan and keep my data? Sorry for the long question but any help would be TREMENDOUSLY appreciated. I am in wooster Ohio btw

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: help me keep my data. Verizon reps being rude and turning me down
Not applicable

Verizon details its Device Payment Plan, says customers that use it can keep unlimited data | PhoneD...

Absolutely wrong. You can keep unlimited data with the 12 month device payment plan. The reps like to lie and say its only for tablets, they say you lose unlimited data, don't believe it. The CEO of Verizon was quoted in the above story links detailing the retention of unlimited data.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Verizon details its Device Payment Plan, says customers that use it can keep unlimited data | PhoneD...

Absolutely wrong. You can keep unlimited data with the 12 month device payment plan. The reps like to lie and say its only for tablets, they say you lose unlimited data, don't believe it. The CEO of Verizon was quoted in the above story links detailing the retention of unlimited data.

Good Luck

brant13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. And that's exactly what I told them, they just denyed denyed denyed me. They were all looking nervous and sneaky and I could see them all in a little huddle in the back and when I saw that, I knew they were coming up with an elaborate scheme to tell me. Anything they could. Its so disgusting how they operate in there. They act like its a doctors office....its a phone store for gods sake. But yeah, they claimed they couldn't do it and they were acting really weird about my data usage. I use 10 gigs a month. So? Who cares? I have UNLIMITED and can use what I want. And they have any right to throttle it. So yeah, they complained about that too. They also told me the 800 number Verizon support lied and didn't know why they told me what they told me.

0 Likes
brant13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Blee   you are positively, absolutely, undescribably, utterly, FALSLE. I just got a call back from my wooster Verizon that I visited and THEY TOLD ME that they gave me false info yesterday. PLEASE DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT post on my forum or anyone else's for that matter without knowing if your information you are providing is correct. That is ridiculous to post such crazy answers toa serious customer of 10 plus years (me) without knowing your sources! WOWZERS! Again you are completely UNdespicably false. E.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

bleedvzred wrote:

there is absolutely no way to do the payment plan and keep your unlimited data, the system just wont let it happen. it can be done A) by putting the payment plan on another number if you so happen to be on a family plan. or B) sign a 2 yr contract using the buddy upgrade system

You can definitely keep the unlimited data plan if using the Device Payment Plan. You can't keep the unlimited data plan with the Edge program. Verify your facts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.