hidden fees and disappointing “customer service” who refused supervisor intervention
JGBKOZ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve been with Verizon for so, so long. I’ve never had an issue or had to contact them the way I have the past 2 months with their home internet. It’s awful. Ive reached out multiple times for help as it’s provided terrible connection and caused many issues to where I get absolutely nothing from the box. We have Verizon phones which we don’t even run off the “home internet” because if we do, we can’t stream, work from home and my kids can’t even do their school work at home. I feel completely defeated that they don’t care to help even though we get nothing from the service. We’ve had to add spectrum internet to our house so we have something we can rely on and everyone can do their work. So now I’m paying for two services because I don’t know what to do now that no one will assist me in cancelling and solving the issues with my Verizon internet. I don’t know if the box itself is defective or if it’s the service being provided.. maybe it’s because I live near the lake? We’ve done all the troubleshooting customer service has walked us though, it’s been useless for us. 

I called in last night to cancel and was told I had to pay for the box outright, I couldn’t return the defective box and it didn’t matter that I was paying for a service that didn’t work. I would be expected to cover it now as well, they couldn’t break it into increments. I never received my promotional credit I signed up for that was supposed to arrive and could potentially cover the majority of the price for the defective device to get me out of this mess. The woman I spoke to to cancel said I wouldn’t get the promotion now and I’m just left with covering this price. She also WOULDN’T let me speak to a SUPERVISOR because “honestly, they’ll just tell you the same thing.” I told her I’d just call back and request to speak to one instead. How is this acceptable customer service? They have a promotion going on that could cover this but they can’t find the email that would’ve went to me, so they’d rather stick it to and lose long time customers over something they could make right over a technicality. I’ve contacted T-Mobile and they will cover the remaining balance on phones and help us switch. My question to the community is this.. Do I just completely switch companies even though I’ve never had an issue with Verizon until now, or do I try and get back in touch with Verizon and hope for someone who will actually have some compassion to help? Have you dealt with something similar? How did you handle it? Do I contact BBB or try and do the arbitration/mediation or do I take another route? Did this work for you or what did you do to better your situation?

Thank you for your help, and sorry for the long winded, all over the place, post. I’ve never had to deal with anything like this before and I’m literally losing sleep over it.