horrible customer service
RiTan2

I was a Verizon customer for many years. They told me if I update the plan I will have better (5 go service) and pay less so I switched. The hot spot stopped working. I called customer service and asked to switch back. They kept me on hold for two hours saying they will do this. And then they had the guts to tell me   she has good news for me - I need to pay more and I will get the same service back! I asked to connect to the manager - it never happened. I asked to close my account so I could be done with this nightmare forever - they put me on hold and never answered. What do I do now? they can't even disconnect my account . I am just allowed to pay more. it is ridiculously bad.

how can I close my account with them? they just don't connect me. I am on hold for many hours - they never connect. 

0 Likes
Re: horrible customer service
Larry_H
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon used to have the BEST customer service.  All Verizon representatives were friendly and knowledgeable.  Today, I needed to call (first time in a LONG time).  I must agree with the originator of this message.  Their service is now HORRIBLE.  I tried for 2 days to talk to someone.  I tried, but they keep pushing you to their new "digital assistant"; aka, a computer.  Awful. 

Apparently they don't actually answer the phone.  I waited on hold several times, the hold time is for 30 minutes then the computer hangs up on you.  Subsequent to the computer hanging up, you get a text, "Sorry we missed your call. For help now, chat with our digital assistant".  Really?

Tell me, what type of phone company doesn't answer their phone?  Apparently one that doesn't like their customers.

My account has gone from 4 users, to 3 users, to 2 users, to 1 user.  And i guarantee soon it will be no users.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear about the experience with the recent plan change, RiTan2. We'd certainly be glad to help get things sorted out with you. Please send us a Private Message to get started. 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We wouldn't want to lose you, Larry_H. We do apologize for the issues you've had when trying to contact us, and we'll do everything in our hands to help. How may we assist you today?  DavidR_VZW

0 Likes