how can a plan be changed without my request or permissionon
ROBBURN

I called in on oct 8th as i had more questions on my billing.  It all started back when my family was evacuated due to the carr fire in northern calif (sixth most destructive fire ever in California).  and my wifes line was approaching her 2gb data limit. I called verizon support trying to be proactive and not get into data overages. I thought i explained clearly the number i wanted increased from 2gb to 10gb, well i didnt pay attention and he added this option to 4 of my 5 lines. The 5th line had the grandfathered unlimited. The other two lines had 2gb and two phones were flip phones that were voice only, no data plans (but they got the 10gb plans added).  The bill was huge.  I called in and they said they fixed everything and actually would for the next month take off any extra minutes on talk.

Plan i had pre oct 8th. nationwide talk 700 minutes.

data plans line 1. 2gb line 2. 2 gb line 3. No data , flip phone used for voice only line 4. No data , flip phone used for voice only line 5. Unlimited

I called in at one point to increase the line 1 to 12gb with a hotspot... ok it was working.

I called back in at one point as they said they would take off overages etc.... they told me my bill should be xxx.... that is what i paid.

Back to the Oct 8th call.   I called in after the last bill i was told i would be zero balance, it was a bit over 100, i called in and said i wanted to talk about the bill. The lady said "oh you are paying to much" , im like well ok, but i need to see why my bill is not zero.  I didnt hear much and i said what are you doing?  She said im changing your plan... i said no no no, i do not want my plan changed.... NO... she said well i already did, im like. oh my god. She says, i can change it back, i said oh my god.  Then she tells me she has to fill out a form to get my plan back.... oh it will take 30 days. Im so mad i hang up.

I call back and explan my situation and i say i need this correct today and not 30 days, but today or i will cancel the service.  They say they need to fill out forms and it will happen 12 midnight oct 9th. My plan resets on the 9th. So i had to wait 2days.  I said ok ill wait until then. I checked on the 10th and my nationwide 700 is restored and all my lines have unlimited.   Ok... but line 1 was not 12gb with hotspot.  I then i check on the 11 and all data plans are now 2gb.

I call back and they go into the same old things like we want to fix this but we need to submit a form etc.... im done at this point at ive talked to 3 reps in the last week and nothing but broked promises until tonight (oct 18th). I got a call and they left a voice message saying they will call back in an hour. She didnt call back so i tried the chat to see whats up.  Another hour of getting the chat support person up to speed.. the verdict is since the grandfathered unlimited is not in the system they cannot restore it.. what a crock. I told the person it can be restored but verizon is chosing not to restore it.

Im done with this. The fact im dealing with this when my neighborhood was destroyed by fire im dealing with a dishonest company as i was told several times by support it would be restored only later, today,  to be told no.  I have 2 of the chat dialogs telling me it will be fixed.

20 years and never a late bill. Let this be a tip to others. Make sure you tell them no plan changes when ever you speak to a representative.  I assume since they record the line they can go back and listen to the converstion to verify any claims.

Rob

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how can a plan be changed without my request or permissionon
ROBBUR8

In the end i was robbed of my unlimited account. It's sad that Verizon took advantage of a fire victim (me and my family) and did not restore my account plan and unlimited data that was changed without my request or consent.

It truly tells you the heart of a company that allows that to happen.

Sad.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

No one robbed you or changed plans without your consent and Verizon has unlimited plans

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience ROBBUR8. We never want you to feel like this. I know we can turn this around. I have sent you a Private Message so we can repair this relationship and get you on the right plan for your needs. 

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes