how do you set up an iphone 5s when it asks for the passcode and the former owner has cleaned the phone. I have the former passcode, but it does not work.
longmtnman

I have an iphone 5s that I purchased used. The former owner had supposedly cleaned the phone, but when I tried to set it up, it asked for the passcode. the former owner provided her passcode, but it doesn't work. what do I need to do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how do you set up an iphone 5s when it asks for the passcode and the former owner has cleaned the phone. I have the former passcode, but it does not work.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The former owner should have reset the device to the factory settings allowing the new owner (you) to setup your own account and security pass codes.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: how do you set up an iphone 5s when it asks for the passcode and the former owner has cleaned the phone. I have the former passcode, but it does not work.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

longmtnman Being able to access your new iPhone is important. We're sorry that you're running into issues with the passcode. You can try these steps below:

Erase your device with recovery mode
If you've never synced with iTunes or set up Find My iPhone in iCloud, you'll need to use recovery mode to restore your device. This will erase the device and its passcode.

1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. 

2. While your device is connected, force restart it: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't let go when you see the Apple logo — keep holding until you see the recovery mode screen.

3. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes