how to troubleshoot unknown error when using backup assistant plus
cwendee

I just checked my Backup Assistant Plus account and found that the last backup was done two months ago.  Backups are scheduled to be done daily. So I tapped "Back up now" and received the error message "Unknown error".  What can I do to resolve this problem with BA+?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how to troubleshoot unknown error when using backup assistant plus
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cwendee, Ensuring your contacts are backed up is important! Which device do you have with us? Have you been able to log into your My Verizon account to review the contacts synced? Please share more details so we can check into this for you.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cwendee

Backing up my contacts is very important to me, that is why I am asking for help. My device is an LG Enact (VS890). Android version is 4.4.2.  I can log into my My Verizon account, but it does not display my contacts.  Below is a screen capture of what I see when I click on "Contacts".  Hope this helps.  Please let my know what other information would be helpful to you.

VW_Screen_Capture.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cwendee, Thanks for providing the details of your experience with backing up your contacts. The screen shot is truly appreciated. As long as your contacts are still displayed in your phone; let's try uninstalling http://vz.to/1yuLjpC and reinstalling http://vz.to/1yuLbqa the Backup Assistant plus application. The links will provide the steps for you. Please keep us updated on this.

TanishaS1_VZW

0 Likes
cwendee

Tanisha, Thanks for getting back to me. I clicked on the link to uninstall Backup Assistant Plus and found that the instructions were for an LG Exalt, which is not an Android smartphone. I have an LG Enact, which is an Android smartphone. Can you send me new links to instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling Backup Assistant Plus on my LG Enact. With such similar name I can understand how the two phones can be confused.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My sincerest apoloigies for the incorrect link, cwendee! Backup assistant is a pre-installed application on the LG Enact, which means it may not be removed from the device. I do suggest resetting the App by heading into Settings > Application Manager > ALL > Force Stop > OK > Clear Data > Ok

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
cwendee

I performed the “Force Stop” and “Clear Data” as you suggested. Then I attempted a “Back up now” and received the same “Unknown Error” message as I did before. Do you have any more suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cwendee, we appreciate your efforts, patience and cooperation. Since you've reset the application. Power your device off/on to soft reset, as well. Are you currently connected to Wi-Fi? If so, disable Wi-Fi and connect to our network. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
jchap

I am having the same issue on my LG G2.  I have tried a Force Stop, Clear Data on the Backup Assistant Plus application and rebooted the phone too.  Nothing has worked so far.  Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
galaxyuser88

I am having the same issue with my galaxy s4. I have tried all of the suggested steps with no success. Any other suggestions? The error occurs every morning. I have a screenshot but I do not know how to post it.

0 Likes