i need to upgrade less than 2 months they won't let me?
mooseinutah
Enthusiast - Level 3

can anyone help I love Verizon and hate to leave but they don't care about me anymore. our Samsung smart phones are not working right. we are less than 2 moths from upgrade they push edge. and I don't see any advantage. it use to be you could upgrade at 18 months yes we have been loyal customers for over 10 years. do I have to pay the full $700.00 if so I will just wait. but I can't imagine there isn't a better way. please help if you can.

Thank-you

Mooseinutah

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: i need to upgrade less than 2 months they won't let me?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mooseinutah,

Thank you for your amazing loyalty! I'm sorry to learn you feel as if we don't care about you. I'd like to turn this experience around for you. What problems are you having with your phones?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

mooseinutah
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello Andrea's

sd card died battery going dead after 6 hours. slide not working for keyboard. ect I know they were not good quality after 6 months. and you only offer $5.00 so that says it all. our contract expires 8-7-14 really you would think that is close enough. really 52 days. I would think after our years of service and always pay on time that would earn us 52 day's?. maybe i'm just asking to much you tell me?

Thanks for you kind reply

Don

Donald R. Moosman

0 Likes
roz5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel your pain!!  I am 19 days away from my upgrade date and they won't let me either!  They keep pushing the Edge plan, which I do not want!!  My phone is dying---it freezes up, shuts off and is extremely slow.  I can't do anything with it (a Droid Razr Maxx).  I've made several calls and also chatted on line.  I have been a loyal customer since Verizon was conceived--and my monthly bill is more than a car payment!  Frustrated does not even begin to explain how I feel with Verizon!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I feel your pain roz5! I understand that you are having multiple issues with your phone and you are not big fan of our Edge Upgrade program. While early upgrades are not available, I know of a troubleshooting step that will bring your phone back to its original factory settings and will make it work like new until you are eligible for your upgrade. A hard reset is the ultimate troubleshooting step and will most likely resolve all the issues outlined in your post. See this link http://vz.to/z30zKf for step by step instructions.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@mooseinutah,

Thanks for the additional details! I totally understand the importance of having a working phone.

We do not offer early upgrades, but I can definitely help get your phone working. Which Samsung device do you have? Has there been any damage to the phone?

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
mooseinutah
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for your reply. ok I have read about the edge and just have a couple of questions. you offer me $5.00 for trade in on my phone. but on Edge it says I have to turn in this phone or be charged up to $200.00 ?? so if I go with edge and keep my old phone as back up would you charge me $5.00 or what? the other question is when I go to change it says I can only do one at a time. but in the contract is says I have to go to Verizon store to change second phone ? can you please help me with this?

Thank-you

Moose in Utah

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good evening mooseinutah! These are great questions! If you don't have phone a phone to return (or you just don't return a phone) to the Edge program you will be billed $200 non-return fee. I am not sure about the second phone change you are referring to. Do you have a link to the information you read? We'll check it our and confirm with you.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
mooseinutah
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can't find it again. I guess the better question is can I do 2 phones from my home computer upgrade to edge? and the question my 2 year expires aug,8th,2014 if I wait until contract expires can I get edge without turning in my old phone? I want a phone in case I break my new phone?

Thanks for your rapid reply

Moose

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Mooseinutah

Thanks for replying. After your contract date you could start an Edge agreement and keep your current device. If 2 lines are available you can use both with the Edge agreement.

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes