internet issues on the play more unlimited plan
Shawnblue123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Let me start by saying I have been with Verizon for like 7 years and never had an issue with internet connectivity before. So Last month me and the wife went into Verizon just to look into the possibility of getting me a new phone as I have had the S7 since brand new when they first came out. A sales assistant ended up informing us about the unlimited plans and how they were great. Well we tried the unlimited plan about 3 years ago and the internet slowed down to a snails pace and after a week we switched to a 16 gb plan and boom internet great. So the man states that with the two higher plans which included the play more plan each line would have 50 gigs of premium data so we would not have to worry about that. Well after more discussion and getting pricing on more lines and phones, we ended up having my parents join our plan so we could all have better service with a cheaper bill. My parents were with T-Mobile since Cellular service came out so my father was very hesitant. Anyways the first month of service was normal everyone was happy. Seems like as soon as we made that first month bill payment on the new plan all 4 of us started having internet issues. Our phones will state 4g lte or 5g and we cannot get internet to work, or the phones will state no internet connection. Now we were promised that we would have great internet service and not get bammed by the whole throttled down internet deal on the unlimited plan. I called support and was told that they added an internet booster to the plan for free but it seems to not have done anything. What can be done to remedy this situation. I am very unhappy with the service right now, this is why I left T-Mobile myself and moved to Verizon to get away from bad service. I hope something can be done shortly because I ma not going to keep calling support every other day to try and get this looked into. May have to check into AT&T or Sprint next.

Re: internet issues on the play more unlimited plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your loyalty and don't want to lose you to a different wireless carrier. However, we understand how important it is to have a reliable data connection especially after bringing your family to join Verizon. We'll need to gather details about the connectivity issue in order to provide the best solution. In which zip code are you located? This will allow us to check for alerts and coverage in the area. You mentioned having the Play More plan. Do all lines have this option? Have you checked the data usage to see if the 50GB has been reached for each line? 

0 Likes
Shawnblue123
Enthusiast - Level 1

34715..... All lines have the same service. Again there was no problems prior to switching to this plan.... Which can only mean that our lines are being throttled down which is what I was told would not happen by moving to this plan.... There is nothing wrong with the phones and this is an issue that is happening all the time in more than just that area zip code, to all phone lines. I have called about it a couple times now and I am getting the same type of answer as what you are giving, we need to check the area for connection issues and what have you. It is not an issue like that as again we have not had a problem until switching the plan. After some research online appears this is a normal issue for people and seems that Verizon has been slowly getting worse which I don't understand why after being on top for so long.

Adabbledo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live near Attica NY and was told we use towers located in Buffalo, so that's why we have slow connection and that I should depend on my internet for calls and texts instead of their service. What the fudge! If it's a windy day in Buffalo, which is every day, then I can't use my cell service? I was told my area has to pay to build some type of tower in order to get better service. They want us to build their towers so we can pay them for service that we expected to get in the first place. Cool. I miss StraightTalk. Unlimited everything for one flat price. No customer service, but that's better than being lied to and played for a fool. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to feel disappointed when using our service. Making sure that we set proper expectations for the Play More unlimited plan is key. If the lines have reached 50GB of data or 15GB of Mobile Hotspot usage, then reduced speeds can occur. In that case, there wouldn't be any troubleshooting completed as the service is functioning properly. Can you tell us if the 50GB has been reached or if you're in need of Mobile Hotspot data? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear about your experience. What type of speeds are you receiving? https://www.speedtest.net/

0 Likes