iphone 12 free offer
joevarizon

I am planning to buy the iphone 12 free offer and port in from xfinity. I know the my xfinity phone would work in verizon i have checked it. I am good with that. My concern is I don't wan to use the iphone 12 if i activate the device and after that can i go back to my old device? will I lose my 36 month device credits. I am planning to give the iphone 12 to a friend who will activate in his line which has no outstanding device payments. I have tried talking to verizon reps but the agents have given me mixed answers so trying to see if anyone has gone through this and your thoughts? greatly appreciate it.

0 Likes
Re: iphone 12 free offer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

After 60 days, you can let someone else use that device. You will still be required to have the line. I've swapped phones with my Son and it still isn't a problem. 

-Carter

0 Likes
joevarizon

i have to make sure for 60 days the phone is not activated in any other line?

Also is  it ok if i go back to my old phone right away or have to wait 60 days?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question, joevarizon! Once the 60 days it up, you can switch devices and activate your previous phone. The line has to remain active for the full duration of the promotion, though. Here's a link to our Device Unlocking Policy: http://spr.ly/6600Kpo4y

-Jordan

0 Likes