iphone 6 is dropping calls/terrible signal
kutter2121

All of the sudden my iphone 6 is dropping calls.  Lots of them.  I tried resetting the network settings but the signal is terrible.  It used to be 4-5 bars in my house (08816 zip code) and now it is one.  My daughters 5c is always at 2.  Why is the signal so weak?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 6 is dropping calls/terrible signal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kutter2121,

Let's figure out what's going on with your signal! The way signal strength appears can vary from phone to phone. Does your daughter also have issues with dropped calls? Also, if you go to Settings>Cellular>Enable LTE, what is that set to currently?

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kutter2121

She doesn't make a lot of calls but has not reported any dropped calls. My wife has a 5s with one bar and she has not had any dropped calls either.

Set to voice and data for LTE.

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming! Please change your setting to Data only for LTE. Currently this feature cannot switch seamlessly between 4G and 3G networks, so if your service switcheds to 3G or even extended 4G, the call will drop. This may provide a substantial improvement in your dropped calls.

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
kutter2121

Thanks!

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

0 Likes
kutter2121

I will try that. Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No problem, kutter2121! Please try it for a few days, and let us know if it's fully resolved!

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Simon3000

I'm having same problems with iPhone 6 and it looks that the problem started when Apple upgraded the software to 8.1.1. Unfortunately Verizon denies that there is a problem and I may just return the phone and get back to iPhone 5.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Simon3000,

Congrats on your new iPhone 6! Does this happen everywhere you go or only while indoors? How many bars of signal do you average on the device?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Simon3000

it's usually happened indoors and I have two bars while at home. I had two tickets open, but so far it's not resolved. I was switching between LTE voice&data and data only, but it doesn't solve the problemm.

It's not happening all the time, sometimes, but too often to ignored it and compare to iPhone 5.

0 Likes