Re: iphone switches between LTE and extended 1x
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello OldManBo, the last thing we want is for you to feel we have placed all our resources in our 5G technology. 4G LTE signal is still an integral part of our network, if anything it's the biggest part of our cellular infrastructure. The last thing we want is to forget about it. When did the issue start? What recent changes have occurred? What exactly happens when you try to use the service?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
OldManBo
Enthusiast - Level 3

The problem started quite some time ago.  I was getting reliable 3G data service, 4G was too weak but 3G worked well with a Mi-Fi in my house.  Then one day as I drove past the tower I use I noticed workers at the tower.  When I got to my home I found there was no service inside the house and intermittent voice and text only outside the house.  I waited for days hoping service would return but it didn't.  I purchased a SureCall Fusion 4 Home cell booster and mounted an external yagi 10 feet above the roof.  With the booster I got excellent 4G performance for a few months and then the 4G became less reliable but still useable most of the time.  I installed a tower to mount the booster antenna and raised the antenna an additional 35 feet.  Again I began getting reliable 4G but in a few months it became less reliable.  Today I show a LTE/4G signal and am able to connect to the internet but as soon as I try to load a website the signal drops, speed slows and soon I lose 4G.  If I disconnect from the internet and reconnect the cycle repeats until after a few times all I get is 1x.  This happens with 3 Verizon iPhones and a Verizon Smart Hub.

I have talked with three Technical Associates at Verizon and so far they have been  unable to help.  The last one I talked with inferred that my Surecall booster wasn't doing its job, if I turn it off I have "no service available" on all my devices, and I should replace it with a LTE Extender 2.  I agreed to try one.  What a joke.  The first requirement for the extender is a hardwire high speed internet connection.  The only internet I have is Verizon and it isn't working.  What didn't she understand?  She was the tech associate that said my signal was too weak and not to expect Verizon to make any changes to the tower to get my service back.  Verizon was the only provider that covered my area at the time I wanted internet and I went with Verizon for that reason.  I have been a Verizon customer for many years but now my reason for having Verizon as my provider is no longer there.  I need reliable internet and voice communications and Verizon is no longer providing it so I am being forced to look for an alternative.

0 Likes
OldManBo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update: A ticket # was generated by a helpful second level tech support person and engineering texted me that it is being processed and I would be contacted.  We'll see what happens from here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

OldManBo, we appreciate the update and are so glad to hear your area is being looked into with a network ticket. I'm confident our Network Team will be able to provide a resolution and better understanding of what is going on in the area. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
OldManBo
Enthusiast - Level 3

The ticket was cleared with all reccomendations requiring wired internet service which I don't have.  I resumed telephone contact with Verizon technical support and got with support at engineering level.  The engineering level person could not understand the initial LTE connection that drops to 1x shortly after connecting to internet even though it appears to be a common complaint and was the subject of the OP.  The engineer had me reset network connections as previously suggested to the OP.  The final thought was the problem is in my signal booster.  I have roughly $1000 invested in booster, tower, antennas and support hardware trying to keep up Verizon's drop in signal.  I will work with the booster manufacturer as requested but I have my doubts.  I have been a Verizon customer for several years and would like to remain as a Verizon customer but if they cannot return to the service they provided a year ago I will have to look elsewhere.  I hope the OP has better luck that I have been having.

0 Likes
DeerSpotter
Enthusiast - Level 2

2022-07-05 having this issue for the last month now thought it was a me problem turns out it is Verizon’s problem. 

it looks like fast dormancy is enabled across the board. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello. You have my attention. I would like to further look into this for you. I have sent you a private message so we can further help. 

-Amber

0 Likes