is it possible to split my lines to create two accounts; one for me and the other for my girlfriend?
cmsmith76
Enthusiast - Level 1

I currently have 4 phones on my plan. 3 of these lines belong to my girlfriend and her two boys. Is there a way for me to separate  my phone plan, so she and her boys have there own separate from mine?

Labels (1)
Re: is it possible to split my lines to create two accounts; one for me and the other for my girlfriend?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your girlfriend would need to do an Assumption of Liability for her line and the lines belonging to her two boys.  You would need to release those three lines from your account.  Your girlfriend may need to pay a deposit based on her credit history.  Your line would be converted to a single line plan.  Contract and upgrade dates would not change for any lines.

If any of the phones are smartphones, you may consider adjusting the amount of data on each plan.

0 Likes
Re: is it possible to split my lines to create two accounts; one for me and the other for my girlfriend?
MissBullitt

Is there a fee to do this? I am on a contract with my ex and want nothing to do with him.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

MissBullitt wrote:

Is there a fee to do this? I am on a contract with my ex and want nothing to do with him.

No unless one person doesn't have enough credit then a deposit has to be made.

0 Likes