is there any way to boost signal within our apartment
Ken4907

We are in a new condo, built in 2010, and cannot get a cellphone signal within our apartment. Stepping out on the patio is the only way we can use our cell phones. Is this Verizon;s responsibility or is there some kind of device I need to buy? I cannot drill through the exterior walls to run any kind of line so, the device must either be installed inside or have some sort of wireless feature. I do have an electrical outlet on the patio. Any suggestions will be most helpful.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: is there any way to boost signal within our apartment
Egonzales
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you have internet yes you have the option of a network extender. They can be bought at any verizon store or online for third party ones. There are third party ones that don't require internet as well. I am going through the same thing only the area around me says 4glte on there website but we get nothing... barely 3g and 4g outside 50 feet away from the home.

There are different options getting moe expensive...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Teyeger
Enthusiast - Level 3

If the condo you live in is mostly built of concrete and steel then those could be blocking your signal.

There are signal boosters on the market but most have to be installed generally in a high area.

Verizon tries to make sure their signal gets to as many places as possible but with how certain buildings are made it can limit or block the signal.

I would get in touch with the person or company you attained your condo from and see what options are available to you.

0 Likes
Egonzales
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you have internet yes you have the option of a network extender. They can be bought at any verizon store or online for third party ones. There are third party ones that don't require internet as well. I am going through the same thing only the area around me says 4glte on there website but we get nothing... barely 3g and 4g outside 50 feet away from the home.

There are different options getting moe expensive...

0 Likes
Badbooboo319

I can't make phone calls but I can send emails or text messages what the hell's wrong with phone

0 Likes
Egonzales
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same with us forced to move I would try tmobile there 4g works better inside buildings they claim and as I see now it does. Our house is made of concrete and we get fast full bar 4g through them major problems with Verizon claiming 4glte strong in our area can't even get it outside let alone call or text.

0 Likes