lollipop update
cowboygriffin94
Enthusiast - Level 2

When will my Verizon Motorola droid ultra receive the lollipop update or at least a time line?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: lollipop update
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nothing has been announced yet, other than that the phone will receive the update.

Motorola Support - Find Answers | Motorola Mobility, Inc.

0 Likes
jeduncan14083
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah. Despite Google and Motorola both having the Lollipop release ready for almost three months now, Verizon still can't get it together enough to do an OTA release. They must just not have contracts with enough bloatware providers yet. Next phone should be a Google Play Nexus device. Don't have to wait for that on those.

0 Likes
Not applicable

jeduncan14083 wrote:

Yeah. Despite Google and Motorola both having the Lollipop release ready for almost three months now, Verizon still can't get it together enough to do an OTA release. They must just not have…

Sorry but Google didn't release the source code until Nov 3rd. That is no where near 3 months ago. They didn't release the OTA for their own devices until Nov 12. Once again no where near 3 months ago. Also Verizon doesn't deal with OS updates at first, the phone manufacturers do. Verizon doesn't deal with them until the manufacturers deliver it to Verizon then Verizon tests it. You expect all that to be done in 7 weeks?

0 Likes
jeduncan14083
Enthusiast - Level 2

7 weeks? I absolutely expect that. If I told my clients (because that's what I am to Verizon) that 7 weeks wasn't enough time to give them a deliverable, despite the fact that my vendor already sent me my raw information, I'd be fired.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Be really careful what you wish for. I was late in getting the Lollipop update (actually skipped the 5.0 and got 5.0.1 on the first day of its OTA release) on the Nexus 7 2013 tablet. For the most part, the update went well, but there are new odd things it is doing and a number of applications I have installed don't function on Lollipop. The application developers had the opportunity to work on those issues during the preview period and after the source code release. So now I have to use older devices with an older version of OS to use the malfunctioning applications. If I had known I would have this many issues, I wouldn't have installed the update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless hasn't released any information on when phones will get OS updates until the update is ready to go. There are more steps involved then what most people expect. Motorola will say something before Verizon Wireless will.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jeduncan14083
Enthusiast - Level 2

Motorola "said something" on their website several weeks ago on a large portion of their droid line and motox. It specifically says its in carrier hands.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I very seriously doubt that.

0 Likes
Not applicable

jeduncan14083 wrote:

7 weeks? I absolutely expect that. If I told my clients (because that's what I am to Verizon) that 7 weeks wasn't enough time to give them a deliverable, despite the fact that my vendor already sent me my raw information, I'd be fired.

Yes and I'm sure took that fact that in the last 7 weeks there was the Thanksgiving holiday too right?

0 Likes