Re: lollipop update
B33
Legend

That's a Big Ouch.!  when these updates go as they do,  they go with a force that is similar to being sick or getting sick say in reference you get the flue shot most of the time's you take it, it goes ok but then there's that one time it make ya very ill.. and you may still contract the illness.. So as it is wishing to get this update I know I will put it off as long as my phones can function with out going to it.. Course I know in time I will have to make the move to update..

0 Likes
jeduncan14083
Enthusiast - Level 2

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/software-upgrade-news/g_id/1949/session/L3RpbWUvMTQx.....

Thanksgiving is one day, and maybe two if one takes black Friday off.

I understand that these things take time, I'm just impatient, that's all.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Most business are close on both Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving. Heck Schools close down on Wednesday's now. Anyway being patient is part of being a grown up. Your life is not missing anything because you don't have lollipop. I'm 100% sure you phone is just fine and functional and if Google wasn't going to come out with another update for 6 more months you'd be happy with what you have,

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

"They are working with their TECHNOLOGY and carrier partners to bring it to you." The carriers are part of the testing process, but the technology partners which includes FCC, the radio manufacturers, Bluetooth manufacturers, etc.

Also the disclaimer at the bottom:

"AN IMPORTANT NOTE

The information contained herein is provided for information purposes only and is intended only to outline Motorola Mobility's presently anticipated general technology direction, and is therefore subject to change. The information communicated is not a commitment or an obligation to deliver any product, product feature, software upgrade or functionality and Motorola Mobility reserves the right to make changes to the content and timing of any product, product features or software releases. The software functionality and features provided by a specific version of the Android operating system may vary by device and manufacturer."

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jeduncan14083
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well that's why I'm impatient, because I'm quite UNhappy with what I have. Went through three rzr HD'S that gobbled battery and wouldn't connect to Wi-Fi anywhere and am on my 2nd ultra, with the old and new ultras both having similarly annoying WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity issues, that vzw reps at the vw told me 5.0 should help with. Until this update I'm stuck with either keeping this buggy phone, paying a deductible for a replacement, or signing another contract and paying for a new one. These other options cost me money. Hence my impatience to move this process along.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You do not know if 5.0 will help with your issue or not. what are you going to do if you get this magical upgrade and it doesn't help? If your device is not functioning get another device. No offense but you've had 5 phones and ALL have the same issue. Sure it's the phone's that are at issue. maybe I'm lucky but I have never had an issue with any phones I have had.

jeduncan14083
Enthusiast - Level 2

Either its the phone or poor compatibility with Ford SYNC, Pioneer BT stereo, and Comcast and Bright House WiFi. Don't have the issue on brother's HTC One M8, his old HTC DNA, my wife's iPhone 5c, or a Nexus 7 tablet. Also didn't have the issue two years ago on an old rooted Nexus S.

Might end up having to cave and ditch the droid line for a while.

Apologies for my ranting.

0 Likes