mis led on data plan
thomasr1950
Contributor - Level 2

I inquired about the 10gb plan for $110 the other day. I was told I could get the plan for about the same amt. as my current plan. After getting replies from 5 reps and saying change my plan and back date it like vzw said they could & would, a rep said NO! The previous rep misquoted me and their system would not allow them to change my plan to what I was quoted. Ok, the system let them quote me  a price but the system won't let them change it? How can that be? They also aren't changing my plan back to the previous plan or give me credit for the difference between the two plans. They are not replying to my questions, they are dodging my questions. Isn't this bait & switch? Poor business practice? A rep tells me one price then another says no that's wrong. At least 3 other reps replied to my request to change my plan and back date it. How can they all over look this? Who can I contact? I have it all in writing.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: mis led on data plan
Not applicable

The 10 GB plan is $80, 15 GB is $100. There isn't a $110 plan. You can backdate an INCREASE in data you can't backdate a decrease.

0 Likes
thomasr1950
Contributor - Level 2

They told me one price then they say it was wrong. It's $20 more. They won't honor the lower price. They then changed my plan without my authorization for $20 more, and can't get it changed back.

0 Likes
Not applicable

What price and plan did they offer? And they do not have to honor any price stated by a sales rep. The prices for the plans are clearly listed on this site.

0 Likes
thomasr1950
Contributor - Level 2

VZW can and will do what they want. However its a very dishonest business practice for a rep to give a quote and not honor it. They also changed my plan without my permission and would not change it back. All of this I have proof of. They are professional at lying too.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

10 GB on the More Everything plan is $80. If you are paying anything else you can get it changed to $80. We can help you better if you show us what the breakdown of your charges are. IT is much more constructive to do that than to just post about dishonesty and lying. The users on this forum can tell you exactly how to get what you should. Make the rant a productive one that actually may save you money.

0 Likes
thomasr1950
Contributor - Level 2

I'm paying for 2 lines,more everything/ edge 2gb data. They advertised 10gb for $110,2 lines. Then they said it would be $20 more. The original msg said I could change to that plan, rep looked up my acct & told me the price. By the time it was done,5 reps later the plan goes up $20. How can 4 reps agreethen one says no. I then said change my plan plan back. They wouldn't. No reason why. Finally after 4 days thru chat a rep changed it back. I don't understand how this can be done and no explanation.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

2 lines, more everything 10 GB data on Edge:

Data $80

Phone line 1 - $15

Phone line 2 - $15

That is 80+30 or $110.

The missing piece is you must still pay for your phones, so the Edge payments are on top of that. So it is $110 + Edge payments per month.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't forget the taxes and fees.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
thomasr1950
Contributor - Level 2

They didn't tell me that. They changed my plan to the 10gb before I agreed to the increase. It took 4 days to get it changed back. Poor service.

0 Likes