music
rabbit01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are there any free music apps for galaxy 4? Just got mine, not so happy so far. Help?? this is all new to me.

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: music
civica
Enthusiast - Level 3

rabbit01

You can try Slacker Radio and Pandora Radio. While they are no cost to you, they do use your data plan. The best option would be staying connected to WiFi as much as possible.

Slacker Radio - Android Apps on Google Play

Pandora® Radio - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Have an S3 and a Note 3.  There are several free apps I use.

no one single app does the job.  Since they all add to your music player you can use a few, but maintain one library on your phone.

try...

MP3 Music Download. (3 with same name and logo.  Experiment)

Music Maniac (I have pro version)

Read  the reviews and how the apps work.   Some download so slow it isn't worth waiting.  Some have 5 search engines with different results.  Those are the best ones.   If one doesn't work, you can easily uninstall and get another.

Unlike iphone downloaders, your music isn't stuck in the application, it is stuck on your phone, however.  If you switch phones the music is stuck on the old phone.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

TuneIn Radio and Google Play Music.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Spotify...my son swears by it.

but if he wants his own stash on the phone, these free downloaders work great.

0 Likes
rabbit01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you. Try is key word..this phone is Way over my head. I did find an app that says I can get " everything " from my iPhone to my note? Anyone know if it works? Was told that I can't do it.

Rabbit01

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
rabbit01
Enthusiast - Level 2

What about the computer  and icloud?

0 Likes
rabbit01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apple sure don't tell you much going in. Do you like your Samsung? I don't know what's normal, but sometimes it works very smoothly,  others Nothing!  Is this normal? 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I'm happy to help!

i Have done the switch, from android to apple and back.  I am very fond of my Samsung.

It should work smoothly, but you may be trying to make the mental switch, which is the hard part.  I still have apple stuff, like the iPad I'm using to post now.

I Assume you still have the apple phone?

DropBox, Google drive and google account can be a huge help moving content to your android.

you can add your icloud account to the phone, but need to add:

smooth sync for icloud contacts

smooth sync for icloud calendar

jb workaround for icloud contacts

jb workaround for iCloud calendar. ( and for several other icloud contacts too )

iSyncr; itunes music to android.

If you click on my name and follow me you can direct questions to me easier and I'm happy to welcome you to the android family.    I have a Note 3, Galaxy S3, a Note 8 and Note 10.1 tablet.  Most of my other tech is Apple.

0 Likes
rabbit01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tell Civica Thanks☆ I do really like Slacker. When you choose favorite song will it go in my Playlist?  I'm  completely  lost. Traded up last week, learning this phone is harder...

0 Likes