must redial 10 digit number
BONBAR13

ehen I make a call, I get a voice telling me to re enter the 10 digit number and NOT press send. It also tells me *67 and *82 cannot be used even though I wasn't using them but SHPULD be able to if I choose.

This makes my IPhone 6 contact list useless. I would need to memorize all numbers dialed. This includes call back numbers!

Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: must redial 10 digit number
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How are the numbers stored on the iPhone?  Do they have the 1 in front of the ten digit number?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Are you using wifi calling?  Does the phone say VZW Wi-fi in the status area where it usually says Verizon. 

Some me areas also make area code changes and require 10 digit dialing, make sure this did not change in your area. 

When adding numbers to your address book, it is a smart idea to make them universal no matter where you are. To do that all numbers for the US should be entered like this:

+1 (123) 456-7890

Also make sure dial assist is turned on at settings / phone

entering it that way will work almost anywhere in the world. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bonbare13, thanks for reaching out to us and let's work on getting your calls back to normal. I know how important it is to be able to make calls directly from your contacts, when did this issue start? Does this happen everywhere you go or at a specific location? Any recent changes to your device?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Raprice3
Enthusiast - Level 1

In my mobile network settings, I had turned off advanced calling. After I turned advanced calling back on, I didn't get that message any more.

0 Likes
rocketjim

I also have this same problem when I am in a remote location of the Black Rock desert in Nevada. I can't access my voicemail in that location either because the recording asks me to redial the 10 digit number.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes