no warning - upgrade and discounted fee for phone(ie $199) eliminated
KARFEI14

WIthout any warning, as of Jan 5th I could not upgrade and buy a phone at a discounted price in return for a 2 year commitment (this option is "no longer supported). Only upgrade now available is with a monthly fee that comes out much more expensive than the old cost of the phone. I am upset that there was no warning that this would occur, even though I was in touch with Verizon about a new phone at  the end of December. They don't seem to care that they may lose a customer of over 20 years. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: no warning - upgrade and discounted fee for phone(ie $199) eliminated
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, the contract option is gone. Verizon Wireless didn't have an obligation to warn customers about the pricing options. If you think about it, it was only a matter of time before VZW removed the contract option for customers on the older plans. VZW removed from the contract option when they announced the Verizon Plans. All the other carriers have removed the contract option. However for most customers, the Device Payment agreement was actually less expensive than the two year contract price option when you work out the full two year cost of ownership including the upfront costs plus the higher line access fee ($40 vs $20-25 over 24 months).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: no warning - upgrade and discounted fee for phone(ie $199) eliminated
Weth
Legend

What plan are you on.  As Ann states if you are on More Everything or Verizon Plan, the 2 year cost is usually cheaper with finance.  Contract access fees are higher and add up to $500 extra over 2 years, plus no up front cost on finance(Other than taxes).  Add it up, you can't argue with the math.

0 Likes