not receiving random text messages
fadihindi

In recent weeks I am not receiving random text messages. These come from people with various phones on various networks. I am told they sent a message, but I never received it, not after a few hours, or days, NEVER. I exchange messages with these people often and successfully usually without issue. When I view my text message log on MyVerizon online, there is no record of these lost messages at the date and time that the sender tells me they sent the message. I am sometimes in areas with poor service reception and sometimes I am unable to make/receive calls. However when I return to good service areas I would expect to receive all messages that were sent during this period, similar to coming out of airplane mode after a flight. This period of out of service is usually intermittent and never lasts more than a few minutes. Just speculating that this may have something to do with the issue, although I need to have this resolved. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and have only recently been having this issue after almost 3 years with this phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: not receiving random text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don’t want you to miss out on any of your messages. Let’s see how we can get your text working properly. First, tell us where you’re located when you notice the messages do not go through. For example, are you located in a specific location such as home or work? What’s the zip code?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
srb23

I have been having the same problems over the last 3 weeks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to get all your messages srb23. When did the issue start? What is your ZIP code? Phone model?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TANTH10428

I starting have this same problem yesterday. I can send messages, but I am unaware of incoming because there isn't a message! I tried having the person sitting next to me send messages, I am broken. HELP. I use this phone from work.

0 Likes
caj009

I've also been having this exact issue over the past two months. I took my Galaxy S5 to the Verizon Store & they found it had somehow switched from LTE to Global mode, so they switched it back. Didn't help. Went back two weeks later and was given a new SIM card. It seemingly helped these past two weeks, but didn't completely eliminate the problem. I coordinate soccer teams and also communicate with coworkers via text, so it's a major issue. I'm in the 48375 area code (metro Detroit), and it doesn't seem to matter where I am or who I'm communicating with. I've had it happen at home, at work or even in the car at stoplights (figuring I'd get better signal outdoors). I'll mass text 10 people a game time reminder and I'll receive texts back from some & not others, although they'll later send me screenshots showing they replied and I just never received those texts.

0 Likes