overnight shipping question
christinaH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello yesterday we ordered our phones online and in checkout it said delivery date would be today with the overnight shipping. Orders were placed at 2 PM PST. I was hoping I would see the phones today, but according to tracking it says monday now. Is there any chance that fedex will deliver on saturday? I hope so because I have work on monday and thought oh how convenient they will be here friday because thats what the checkout cart said, otherwise I would have gotten our phones at the local store.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: overnight shipping question
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

FedEx will not deliver it on Saturday. You will get your phone Monday. Nobody was working in the warehouse on Thanksgiving Day to process your order.

0 Likes
christinaH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Darn, I was hoping since I got tracking numbers today that it would have sent out. boo to the verizon website order process then for saying 11/28 instead of the correct date 12/1. Lesson learned--never order from vzw website again as it has incorrect shipping data. in 2 years I'll just go to the local store to upgrade again

0 Likes
turbo89

L

0 Likes
turbo89

I placed an order today the 28th at 4:50 pm and got the saturday overnight shipping. Will I actually get my order tomorrow?

0 Likes
christinaH
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would say highly unlikely considering my situation. Verizon's website said that it would be delivered by the 28th and it wasn't. I placed my order around 1PM on the 27th. I talked to customer service and they acknowledged it was their error but offered no solution to help but for me to call fedex. fedex told me that they will not deliver on saturday and it was too late for them to have the shipper change to saturday delivery for the packages. The only reason why I am bent out of shape is because everyone at my home will probably be at work when the delivery guy comes around, and it will probably take days for me to get it from fedex's pickup facility as a result. Or the delivery driver will just leave the package at the door and I dont want to risk it getting stolen during the day.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The package will not be left. You will receive a door tag at the fist attempt. You can sign and leave it the next day and the package can be left. If the delivery is not signed for by the third attempt it will be returned to VZW.

I understand that the website may have stated that the package would be delivered on Friday but did you honestly think that someone was working to fulfill the order at VZW or that a FedEx driver was picking it up on Thanksgiving Day?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Or the package can be held at the FedEx facility after the first attempt if the customer calls the number on the info-notice and requests it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes