plan change for more money
rita3

I had a plan for 3 smart phones and one basic for my husband that costs us 212.00+/_ a month....2 months ago I received an email saying they would give me 10.00 discount for each smart phone until we upgraded, which sounded wonderful.....I called and mentioned the letter offer and the very pleasant agent ran her numbers and told me the bill would be 186.000 +/-    I received my bill and it showed that where originally I was paying 9.99 a month for the basic phone, I now would pay 30.00 a month?????? the bill was now 233.00....I called this morning to verify I was reading my bill right and was told that indeed my bill would be 233.00 a month.   How does any of this makes sense.....My husband shut off his basic phone as he was very upset and I now have to share my phone with him...Paying 30.00 for a basic phone for him makes no sense as he probably uses it less than an hour a month...He is disabled and only uses it when he goes out in case of an emergency...I failed to mention that we have no service at our home, thus unlimited data, minutes and etc has no bearing for me and my husband....Granted I got 10 GB of data, but we only used about 6  to begin with and my son would pay the extra charge when he used more.....I am very disappointed that a promise of a 30.00 discount, turned out to cost me more .....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: plan change for more money
gr8allmightyred
Enthusiast - Level 3

That basic phone should only be $20 a month and they switched you to the more everything plan even still you should get $10 off the smart phones line access fee.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Something does not add up.   Your bill should look like this:

10 GB data $80

each smartphone $15 (x3=$45) (gets $25 off each since they are off contract and you have 10 GB data)

basic phone $20 (get $ 10 off)

adding that up you should only be paying $145/month

what they did is switch you to a plan to be able to get the discounts, but never gave you the month to month discount.  That is the key word, month to month discount.  You can add these yourself online on My Verizon by adding it as a feature, or call into customer service.

Truly if all your hones are off contract, your bill should only be $145! 

0 Likes
gr8allmightyred
Enthusiast - Level 3

The basic line should not get a discount as they are only $20 a month as it is.

0 Likes