poor customer service
tbiker99
Enthusiast - Level 1

TLDR: Verizon customer service is terrible, they use BOTS and don't actually care about fixing an issue, only selling you a new phone/service.  

Been trying to communicate with Verzion about a poor coverage area.  They keep trying to blame my phone, or try to sell me some new service.   Why would I pay more for service that isn't working?

I've tested signal strenght around the tower, on 4 sides, it's good, on on side it is garbage.  I've had 10 of my work mates compare phones from various different carriers, Verizon is the worst in our office and I'm not talking by a little.  Think: ".1mbs" vs 36-40mps from other carriers.   Yes, I said "point 1".  That's litterally 100s of times slower and pretty much unusable 9 of my hours awake every day.  BTW, I have 25 years experience repairing radars, radios and other navigational transmitters and recievers.  I do this kind of thing for a living.  I'm willing to assist their technicians, if I could talk to one.  

Verizon closed the complaint without resolution, I reopened it and they had the nerve to say "Need more information".   The chat function is broken and I'm pretty sure I've spent hours chatting with a BOT or someone without the abiltiy to understand English, who eventually tried to sell me another service...LOL, what I'm already paying for doesn't work.   Then I called, and got a guy who spent a bunch of time asking me to reset my phone, send messages ect, I finally convinced him that the tower wasn't working.  I left the call feeling like they would actually do something.  Then a QA person called me to ask about the call.  She tried to tell me it was my phone plan.  (Like my plan doesn't include the North side of the tower, but the other 3 sides is good?  How stupid. )  As I was explaining this to her, she either hung up on me or the call dropped (both are very possible).  Then they closed out my complaint without a resolution. 

I reopend the ticket and the response is "Need more info".  And it won't let me respond (probably shouldn't.  My comments would likely end up on display at their Christmas party. )  And here we are, going public.  Maybe this will help get someone's attention.    

If anyone at Verizon, on this site cares...Read this before you respond!  If you can't read it, then forward this to someone who can.

• MR-545254536-W01

Then contact me on my email or a phone call and leave a message with a call back number, my Verizon phone doesn't work during "normal buisness hours".  BTW, I'll post up an update if you actually fix this issue if I don't change carriers first.  (Like others said, I don't need/want a discount, I need/want service that works)

Re: poor customer service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for contacting us tonight about your service. I want you to know that we are help, and you deserve a network that you can depend on. Please send me a Private Message, so I can get your account verified.  

*Ana

0 Likes
tbiker99
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sooooo, I post a complaint, I get a message from *Ana saying "Private Message Me", so I use the Verizion Private message program, I get a response from *Heather, saying "use Facebook or Twitter to Private Message us", and I spend another 30 Minutes looking for a link to "PM via FB or Twitter" and I can't find anything.   So thank you for providing all of us more evidence of poor customer service.   

Your own online community isn't capable of priviate messaging, and when you point me to FB/Twitter, you don't post your pages.   More wasted time.  Oh and I love how you can't post a thumbs down, only Thumbs up.   

Nope, not proving to me that Verizion has decent customer service.  I posted the official complaint and I got a BOT return.   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your concerns are always our concerns too. I apologize for your inconvenience while contacting us for assistance. Verizon takes protecting our customer's personal and account information very seriously.

We certainly want to assist you in any way we can. We've also noted your reference about contacting us privately (e.g., via  Facebook or Twitter). We truly value your time, and we'd like to continue working with you. I know we can help you.

Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

https://community.http://spr.ly/6608zvZow

-Robert C.

0 Likes
Jeff139
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have also add multiple tickets over the past 34 days closed without resolution. The resolution that was essentially we can't do anything about it when we don't know what to do or the corporation is not sharing with us a true solution.

I'm adjusting my expectations expecting resolution. Even the agents have told me my expectation for service in my neighborhood was unrealistic although it had worked previously for 16 years.

Each time I start over with an agent it takes the first 40 minutes to get them up to speed as to where we left off and it is incredibly painful and difficult to get them to look at the open ticket even if I have the numbers.

I may need to try another carrier or give up cell service.....

The offer at the end of each call to buy cloud service just kind of insulting. What would I do with cloud service when I have no reception?  Sure and doors I can always use Wi-Fi calling but my problem is outdoors and indoors.

0 Likes
sgarceau
Enthusiast - Level 2

Poor customer service seems to be a reoccurring theme here.  

Jeff139
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is surely a trend.  Something must have changed. Previously, I have not had a level of difficulty like this.  I changed providers which is no guarantee but so far I have had two days of performance in the locations where I could not get service.

Jeff

sgarceau
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Jeff139 

I understand the pandemic has created issues, but resolving their mistakes should still be a priority even if it takes a little longer.  Sadly that doesn't seem to be a concern of theirs at all.

Jeff139
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree the business environment is tough everywhere. 34 days to resolve a problem only to find out it was unresolvable is a lot of patience.

Since they're rated number one in customer service and I have switched to another provider I'm probably doomed. Just kidding. I've had two good days aside from bothering myself with complaining now. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sad to have seen you go. We are dedicated to expand and improve where possible. We are here for you if you need any additional assistance. 

-Yale

0 Likes