problems with galaxy s4
sdensmore84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since Wednesday my wife and I haven't been able to make one call with out dropping it. Called verizon Wednesday and they gave me a problem ticket number. The lady told me that she would call me back to let me know what the problem was. Well she didn't. So Saturday my wife called they told her that the ticket had been resolved, with no problem found. Well guess what we still can't make any calls from our house. Had our phones since March, hadn't had a problem till now. I'm at the end of my rope. Something needs to be done!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: problems with galaxy s4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sdensmore84,

This is something I can definitely help you with! Are these dropped calls primarily happening in your home area? How far from home do you have to go before calls are reliable again and what zip code are you in?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sdensmore84
Enthusiast - Level 2

They happen everywhere, we live in 30143 area code. We have had our phones since March of this year and never had a problem till Wednesday of last week. Tech support wants us to change our phones in, but I'm not sure if the phones are the problem. I mean what are the chances that both phones mess up the exact same time? If you can't get them straighten out what options do I have. I'm not staying in a contract for another year if I can't make a call.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sdensmore84,

I totally get where you are coming from. We can test this theory out. Are you able to travel to a differnet zip code to see if there is any change? If the issue travels with you to different towns or zip codes then this would indicate there is something going on with the phone.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sdensmore84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well we are getting replacement phones, I guess we will see. I just find it hard to believe that both phones went bad at the same time. Anyway we will find out tomorrow.

Bauera14
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in complete agreement with you on this. I find it odd that both phones would have the same problem at the same time unless ALL Galaxy S4's started dropping calls, which is obviously not the case. I believe this is a network issue on verizon's part and in no way your fault or responsibility.

kjcht
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does it reboot after dropping (a red verizon screen appears)?  If so if could be related to the NG6 reboot issue we've fight fighting with Verizon about for the past two weeks.  See post 54, here... Re: Galaxy S4 randomly rebooting after VRUFNG6 update!

Go to Settings / More / Software Update.  What is the date/time of the last software update?  Was the update from NG5 to NG6?

0 Likes
sdensmore84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah the update was NG5-NG6 but neither phone cuts off they both just drop calls. Sometimes you can hear radio chatter and static. The guy at best buy said that the receiver could possibly be bad. I highly doubt it. I still think it's something on Verizon end of it. It just doesn't make sense to me text and data both work but calls do not. It's really starting to (removed) me off. I'm a calm guy, but this is ridiculous.

>> Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes