"Deprioritized" meaning no service whatsoever
fu15
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a customer for multiple years. I pay $80 per month for my "unlimited" service. I recently had issues with service and was told that my phone was the issue. I dropped my phone off at Apple and was given a loaner phone. Complete backup, spend over an hour to complete this process, and realize I am experiencing the same issue. I regularly am stuck at 1x. Restarting phone, airplane mode, roaming on, etc. No change. I will have LTE for a few moments and then back to 1x.

Second discussion with support I am told I am being "deprioritized" because my plan isn't good enough. This isn't being deprioritized, I can't send a simple iMessage, receive emails, or complete a call. I have ZERO use of my phone. 

0 Likes
Re: "Deprioritized" meaning no service whatsoever
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are dedciated to keeping you connected and I am sorry for the experience. Where does this happen most? When did you start experiencing this or has it always been this way? YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which unlimited plan do you have? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
fu15
Enthusiast - Level 2

This happens at my office randomly during the work day. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fu15

Thank you for those details and we truly understand the importance of begin able to use your phone where you need it.Sadly, due to the nature of cellular service we cannot guarantee service indoors. Using Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi calling (http://vz.to/2u1GgAw) indoors is the best solution for this type of issue. What zip code are you located in? Which Unlimited plan do you have exactly (Go, Start, Do more etc.)? How is the service once you leave that location? 

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
fu15
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sit next to a window. This is not because I'm in a building. Your own support people have told me I'm being "deprioritized", as I mentioned in my original post. I have Go unlimited in 45242 zip code.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Go Unlimited Plan will likely always be deprioritized in times of congestion. That's the way that plan is designed. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/go-unlimited-faqs/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
fu15
Enthusiast - Level 2

That statement is a bunch of garbage. If everyone moves to the higher plan, what happens then? To suggest that $80 per month isn't enough to avoid some garbage "congestion" is absolute garbage marketing. Why call it unlimited if it is not? And again, it's not "deprioritized", it turns the phone into 1x and I can't even send a simple iMessage. That isn't service.

It's fine though, I'll just sit here and let the world know how terrible of a product you are providing. My monthly bill ends soon, I will be switching to a different service.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then why haven't you switched to a carrier that gives you the plan you want to pay for and the quality of signal you want?

0 Likes
fu15
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you incapable of reading the full length of my reply?

0 Likes